Effective: August 2, 2011
Amended: September 13, 2011
The following broad guideline was the result of discussion at Committee Meeting-August 2011
- Troop 693 will be subsidizing 50% of cost for NYLT and SPL/ASPL Summer Camp Training up to $600 maximum split.
- Troop 693 will be subsidizing 100% of cost for Adult Leadership Training up to $400 maximum split.
Changes Adopted at Committee Meeting-September 2011
Training is an important part of scouting. The troop will financially support training for both scouts and adults with the following guidelines:
- Troop 693 will reimburse 100% of cost for any training that costs up to $25.00, without prior approval of committee. The person asking for reimbursement should submit a receipt with proof of having completed the training to the troop treasurer.
- Troop 693 requires committee approval for any training that costs more than $25.00. The troop will reimburse scouts 50% of any training that costs more than $25.00. The troop will reimburse adults 100% of any training that costs more than $25.00. Scouts will need to get recommendation from Scoutmaster prior to seeking committee approval.
- The annual Troop training budget is $1,000.00 and will coincide with the Troop fiscal year (September to August). There will be no carry-over of budget from year to year. Any expenditure greater than the annual budgeted amount of $1,000.00 would require committee approval prior to expenditures being incurred.
- Committee approved training classes include but are not limited to: University of Scouting, National Youth Leadership Training, Summer Camp SPL/ASPL Training, SM/ASM Leader Specific Training, Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills, HAT Backpack Training, Woodbadge, CPR Training.
Current Training Fees
|City of Cerritos CPR Class||$25.00 (material fee)|
|University of Scouting||$22.00|
|SM/ASM Leader Specific||$25.00|
|HAT Backpack Training||$50.00|
|Intro to Outdoor Leader Skill||$25.00|
Note: Committee retroactively approved subsidy for Brian Hsiang and Curtis Cha who took SPL trainings at Emerald Bay in July 2011.