Date: Sunday, May 2nd, 2010
Time: Noon (Testing should be completed by 4:30PM )
Location: Cerritos Swim Center, Cerritos Park East
Cost: Cerritos Resident $2.00, Non-Residents Child $2.50, Non-Residents Adult $3.25
This is NOT a drop off activity - Please have your parents wait for you to finish
Preparation: (Complete BEFORE May 2nd.)
- Read the entire Merit Badge book
- Practice Merit Badge requirements that say "demonstrate" before May 2nd testing (Requirements 3 through 9)
- Read, understand, and be prepared to demonstrate the 2nd Class and 1st Class requirements related to Swimming (2nd Class 7 a,b,c and 1st Class 9 a,b,c)
- Complete Merit Badge worksheet PRIOR to coming to testing session and bring the worksheet to turn in.
What to bring:
- Completed Merit Badge worksheet stapled together with your name and phone number on it
- Bathing suit
- Blue Card filled out with your name and address and signed by an Adult leader
- Shoes, socks, long pants, long sleeved shirt (to be worn in pool as part of testing. Clothes should be light weight….jeans or sweatpants are NOT recommended.)
- Snorkel, diving mask, or fins if you have them.
To Sign Up: Leave a message BELOW your first name and last initial saying that you are interested. Ex. "Glenn N. will be there and will be prepared to do Swimming Merit Badge on May 2nd."
Note: This is NOT swimming lessons; you already need to know how to swim and know all of the strokes listed in the requirements. If you do not know how to swim, you should sign up for swimming lessons ASAP.