Start Date: Friday, February 5th, 2010 5:00 PM
End Date: Sunday, February 7th, 2010 8:00 PM
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup: CERRITOS PARK EAST
Location: Bear Mountain in Big Bear, CA.
Forms Needed: Troop 693 Permission Slip, Group Rental Form, Group Ticket & Lesson Release Form
Coordinator: Hoa Pham, Claire Peer
- Scouts - ~ $150.00 - $200.00 (dependent upon age)*
- Adults - ~ $200.00
- Siblings - ~ $120.00- $150.00 (dependent upon age)*
- PLEASE click here to see attached sheet for details of just ski/snowboard cost
- (Fees include: Lodging for 2 nights, Transportation, and 3 meals.)
Equipment Rental: All participants are responsible for returning all rental equipment at the end of the day or you will be responsible to pay for all lost equipment.
Last Date to Signup: PLEASE sign up as soon as possible as lodging space is limited!!
Things to bring: Snow Trip Checklist, Camping Checklist
Tips to remember:
- Layers of clothing are best. Base layer should be a fitted thermal shirt, then layered with a turtleneck or long sleeveshirt, if desired, follow with a fleece or sweatshirt. Outer layer should be a warm, water resistant ski jacket. Wearing too little can result in frostbite, but wearing too much can result in over-heating. Layers keep you warmer and allow you to remove if necessary.
- Wear thin wool or poly socks, thick ones are too bulky and don't keep your feet as warm.
- Wear water-proof gloves or mittens with rubber lining on outside for easy grip.
- Use a gaiter or facemask. Gaiters are basically felt tubes that you slip on your neck and pull up to keep your mouth and nose warm.
- 80% of heat is lost through your head, so wear a ski or knit cap and cover your ears too.
- Helmets are highly recommended to keep you safe and protected. You never know what could happen and even expert skiers fall. Your current bicycle or skateboard helmet should be worn for this snow trip to prevent possible head injuries.
- Bring goggles and/or sunglasses for eye protection. The sun reflects off the snow and can be harsh on the eyes. Additionally, ultraviolet radiation is 36% higher at high altitude than at sea level.
FUN FOR ALL SCOUTS AND FAMILIES !!!
February 5, 2010 (Friday – drive up & sleep)
February 6, 2010 (Saturday – ski / snowboard)
February 7, 2010 (Sunday - ski / snowboard & drive back)
- Breakfast & Dinner – Saturday (2/6)
- Breakfast – Sunday (2/7)
ON YOUR OWN:
- Lunch – Saturday (2/6) and Sunday (2/7) – Be sure to bring money.
- (Special meal vouchers available for $10 and redeemable for $12)
- Bring money for Sunday dinner on return trip home
- Scouts may bring DVDs, games, etc. for enjoyment during the evenings. (NO electronic games allowed)
CONTACT: Hoa Pham (562) 926 - 5101