Drop-off Date: November 1st, 2008 8:00 AM to 10:30 (approx.)
Pickup Date: November 8th, 2008 8:45 AM to 11:30 (approx.)
Meeting Point: Sunshine Park
Forms Needes: Troop 693 Permission Slip
Uniform: Class A
Coordinator: Maha Sadras, Swany Wiguna
Community Service Project – Do a good turn daily and giving back to others, remember! This counts toward you 50% Particiation Requirement for Other Activites.
- Nov. 1: Pass out bags to homes
- Nov. 8: Pick up bags at homes (need many Scouts)
- Full Class A Uniform and light jacket (if cool day)
- Parents to help transport food to Salvation Army, Whittier in the afternoon of Sat., Nov. 8.
- Also, on Nov. 8, little wagons, carts, etc. would help Scouts pick up multiple bags of groceries at a time.
Here are some local sales in the week if Nov. 2 - 8 to fit every budget:
- Valu Plus Market: Canned Tomato Sauce (8 oz.) - 5 for $1, Starkist Canned Tuna (5 oz.) - 2 for $1
- Ralphs Market: Canned Veggies (12 oz.) - 2 for $1
- Albertsons: Canned Chicken Broth (15 oz.) - 2 for $1
- Food 4 Less: Kroger Fruit Cocktail (30 oz.) - 4 for $5
- Smart N Final: Rosarita Refried Beans (8 - 16 oz. cans) - $6.89