Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009
Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup: Carmenita Middle School
Location: Upper Newport Bay, 2301 Universtiy Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Forms Needes: Troop 693 Permission Slip
Coordinator: Mr. Stiegler, Ms. Preciado
Things to bring: Class B/activity uniform, hat, sunscreen, water bottles, trail or comfortable walking shoes, and binoculars.
Opportunity to Fulfill Rank Requirement for:
- Tenderfoot # 10B: Identify local poisonous plant; tell how to treat for exposure to them
- Second Class # 5: Identify or show evidence of at least ten kinds of wild animal (birds, mammals, reptiles, fish, mollusks) found in your community.
- First Class # 6: Identify or show evidence of at least ten kinds of native plants found in your community.
Scouts Please Come Prepared!!!!!
- FYI, there is a bookstore/gift shop at the nature center, always a big distraction.
- One option is to travel back along Pacific Coast Highway and view Talbert and Bolsa Chica wetlands as well. With luck, Mr. Stiegler might be able arrange a visit to the marine mammal rescue center if that is of interest.
- If it rains heavy that day we will need to reschedule.