First Session - July 12, 2009 2pm Sunshine Park
This merit badge requires you to, based on your initial fitness test, develop a fitness plan and do your fitness plan for 12 weeks. This is a 12 week merit badge where you will be tested every 2 weeks. You will need to commit to doing your fitness plan for the entire 12 week period and meet every two weeks to do the fitness testing.
IMPORTANT: After the initial fitness test on July 12th, you will need to submit your Fitness Plan and get it approved by the merit badge counselor before the 2nd fitness testing session on July 27th. Also, on a daily basis, you need to record in your Fitness Log your daily activity. You must bring your fitness plan and your fitness log with you to each fitness testing date.
- Get the most current version of the Personal Fitness merit badge book
- Read the entire merit badge book BEFORE our first session
- Make an appointment with your dentist to have an examination – get a note from your dentist indicating that you are properly caring for your teeth (It is NOT required that you have your dentist appointment before you begin the merit badge. However, you must have this note before you can complete this merit badge.)
- Bring a Blue Card
- Bring a copy of your current Class 3 medical form (You must have a current medical BEFORE you can start this merit badge.)
Fitness Testing Schedule
- Sunday, July 12 - 2pm – Sunshine Park
- Monday, July 27 - 6pm – Sunshine Park
- Monday, August 10 - 6pm – Sunshine Park
- Tuesday, August 25 - 6pm – Sunshine Park
- Monday, September 7 - 6pm – Sunshine Park
- Sunday, September 20 - 2pm – Sunshine Park
- Sunday, October 4 - 2pm – Sunshine Park
Come prepared to run a mile, do sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and the flexibility test. Wear shoes and shorts for running.
If you are interested in doing this merit badge beginning July 12th, then call Mr. Nishibayashi.