Remember: You need to submit your Fitness Plan and get it approved before you start your fitness plan. Once you have your fitness plan approved, then on a daily basis you need to record in your Fitness Log your daily activity. You should bring your fitness plan and your fitness log with you to each fitness testing date.
This merit badge requires you to, based on your initial fitness test, develop a fitness plan and do your fitness plan for 12 weeks. This is a 12 week merit badge where you will be tested every 2 weeks. You will need to commit to doing your fitness plan for the entire 12 week period and meet every two weeks to do the fitness testing.
- Get the merit badge book
- Read the entire merit badge book BEFORE our first session
- Make an appointment with your dentist to have an examination – get a note from your dentist indicating that you are properly caring for your teeth (It is NOT required that you have your dentist appointment before you begin the merit badge. However, you must have this note before can complete this merit badge.)
- Bring a Blue Card
- Bring a copy of your current Class 3 medical form (You must have a current medical BEFORE you can start this merit badge.)
Fitness Testing Schedule
- Saturday, September 6, 2008: 8am – Sunshine Park (Before the Troop Planning meeting)
- Monday, September 15, 2008: 6pm – Sunshine Park (Changed due to Canoe / Kayak outing)
- Sunday, September 28, 2008: 2pm – Sunshine Park
- Monday, October 13, 2008: 6pm – Sunshine Park (Changed due to Rock Climbing Trip)
- Sunday, October 26, 2008: 2pm – Sunshine Park
- Sunday, November 9, 2008: 2pm – Sunshine Park
- Saturday, November 22, 2008: 8am – Sunshine Park
Come prepared to run a mile, do sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and the flexibility test. Wear shoes and shorts for running.
If you are interested, then you can sign up with me by posting a "comment" below with their first name and last name initial e.g, Glenn N., saying that they will be there September 6th (do not post your entire last name, just the last name initial).