Personal Fitness Merit Badge
Starts: Sunday, April 18, 2010 - Sunshine Park 2pm
Merit Badge Counselor: Mr. Nishibayashi
You must have a completed current BSA Medical form to begin this merit badge.
This merit badge requires you to, based on your initial fitness test, develop a fitness plan and do your fitness plan for 12 weeks. This is a 12 week merit badge where you will be tested every 2 weeks. You will need to commit to doing your fitness plan for the entire 12 week period and meet every two weeks to do the fitness testing.
IMPORTANT After the initial fitness test on April 18th, you will need to submit your Fitness Plan and get it approved by the merit badge counselor before the 2nd fitness testing session on May 2nd. Also, on a daily basis, you need to record in your Fitness Log your daily activity. You must bring your fitness plan and your fitness log with you to each fitness testing date.
• Get the merit badge book
• Read the entire merit badge book BEFORE the first testing session
• Make an appointment with your dentist to have an examination – get a note from your dentist indicating that you are properly caring for your teeth (It is NOT required that you have your dentist appointment before you begin the merit badge. However, you must have this note before you can complete this merit badge.)
• Bring a Blue Card signed by your Scoutmaster
• Bring a copy of your current BSA medical form (You must have a current medical BEFORE you can start this merit badge.)
Wear shorts and shoes to run 1 mile
Fitness Testing Schedule
• Sunday, April 18th - 2pm – Sunshine Park, Cerritos, California
• Sunday, May 2nd - 5pm – Sunshine Park
• Sunday, May 16th - 2pm – Sunshine Park
• Sunday, May 30th - 2pm – Sunshine Park
• Sunday, June 13th - 2pm – Sunshine Park
• Sunday, June 27th - 2pm – Sunshine Park
• Sunday, July 11th - 2pm – Sunshine Park
• Saturday, July 17th -2pm - Sunshine Park.
For the Fitness Testing, come prepared to run a mile, do sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and the flexibility test. Wear shoes and shorts for running.
Sign up by leaving a message on the Troop wesite with your first name and last initial saying that you are ready to make the 3 month commitment and will be at all of the testing sessions.
Bring the attached Fitness Log and Fitness Testing sheet with you to EVERY testing session
Keep track of what you do every day. Even if you do nothing, log "nothing"