How to Prepare
Start Date: Saturday, September 7th, 2013 1:00 PM (following the Scout Planning Meeting)
Location: Sunshine Park
Things to bring: Paper + Pencil
- This is an important session for the new scouts and parents….who have never backpacked before. We will go over what equipment to buy and what not to buy.
- This will prepare you for the training hike on the 28th Sept and 1st backpacking trip on October 19th
Start Date: Sunday, September 28th, 2013 7:00 AM
Meeting Point : El Dorado Neighborhood Library
Location: El Dorado Park
Direction: To Library, 2900 Studebaker Rd., Long Beach, CA 90815
Forms Needed: Troop 693 - Permission Slip
Coordinator: Jay Chiang
Things to bring: from Backpacking Checklist get what is in Bold
- This backpacking training hike has been organized for first time backpackers to get them familiar with backpacking. If you are planning to go on the October 19th backpack trip and have never been backpacking with the Troop, then this training hike is HIGHLY recommended
- Please attend backpack equipment training on September 7th after the Planning Meeting. Here you will be told what to buy and what not to buy.
- This trip will help you prepare for the upcoming October backpacking.
- Pack your backpacks with all of your equipment as if you were going on a real hike (go through your equipment list to ensure you have everything.) We will do an inspection before we begin the hike
- This is about a 2 mile hike in El Dorado Park.
- Parents and siblings are welcomed and encouraged to hike (siblings must be accompanied by their parent)
If you are interested, then you can sign up by posting a "comment" below with your first name and last name initial e.g, Victor H., saying that we will be there Sept 28th (do not post your entire last name, just the last name initial).