Date: 9/20/2010 (Mon.)
Time: 7:00-9:00 PM
Where: CMH (Carmenita Middle High)
- The outings for the coming year
- Sign up for the coordination of these outings
- Other troop 693 businesses
Last Saturday, our scouts had voted for the outings that they would like to have in the coming year,
and the parents had worked out a tentative calendar for these outings. Thanks to Jay, our web master who puts the tentative calendar in our web (http://troop693.wikidot.com/calendar-2011). It is now time for us parents, to go through the calendar and coordinate these outings so that both scouts and parents will enjoy the Boy Scout experiences.
There are several things involved in planning an outing. For your reference, here is the link (http://troop693.wikidot.com/planning-for-outing) in our web-site about how to plan the outing. Although planning or coordinating an outing may seem overwhelming, especially for new parents, it is really not, for the following reasons:
(1) We have a lot of parents and friends that have coordinated various outings numerous times. We have 1 outing per month which enables the troop to gain experiences.
(2) The experienced parents (and former leaders — Ed, Glenn, Gordon, Larry, Mark, to name a few) are eager to share their experiences and tips on how-to.
(3) Whenever needed, there are always parents willing to pitch in.
We encourage parents of new scouts to get involved, for obvious reasons—as the older scouts become young men, they will be leaving the troop, as well as their parents. And the troop needs new blood to continue, so the experience about all aspects of running the troop must stay with the troop.
You do not need any prior experience, all you need is willingness to volunteer and sign-up. We will pair the newcomer with the experienced parents to make sure every outing is a successful one.
There are many benefits of coordinating an outing and it will be a rewarding experience. Our troop has very active parent participation and parents work together very well. So, please take a look at the calendar, discuss with other parents that might be interested in coordinating an outing, and come to the meeting on Monday. If you have any questions, we will answer or find someone who can provide the answer.
See you all in the meeting.