Date: Tuesday, Sep 9th, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Count of Attendees: 22
Committee Chair Reports
- No report
- The Jaguar patrol members will be splitting up into the various patrols in the troop.
- Summarized scouts status and those no longer active in our troop.
- Have flag ceremony at City Hall and for Ed Hsiang City Proclamation on 9/11/14
- Will have new leadership changeover starting with the application to be distributed at end of September.
- Financial Report on File.
- Bin Clean up was a success.
- Issues regarding missing utensils/supplies in the patrol boxes. Supplies will be color coded with zip tie.
- If possible, will try to have tents clean-up d right after an outing and before leaving the campsite. Others dissent on how effective and realistic that may be.
- Not in attendance
Ashok Chauchan, Jeanne Cha
- Presented a list/schedule of scouts in progress of obtaining their Eagle Rank at various stages.
- 2015-2016 – scouts in the pipeline for Eagle Projects: 14
Trail to 1st Class
- Orienteering is being plan for at Cerritos Regional Park
- Completed 1st half or Tenderfoot Fitness requirement
- Scout is working on completing 2nd half of the requirement
- New scouts are excited and motivated.
Grace Lee, Joseph Antonio, Linda Phong, , Greg Tecson
- Commented that Scribe is doing well in reporting attendance records.
- Busy scheduling scout for their BOR (Board of Review)
Rajiv Agrawal, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- SM announced that there is a leadership position for scout as a webmaster.
- Troop also has a new parent joining our webmaster team.
- Troop693@moc.elgoog|retsambew#moc.elgoog|retsambew, for any posting requests
Medicals Chair Report
- No Report
- Mandatory parent Event planning for 2015 is scheduled on 9/20/14
- Troop Intro Hike (for new scouts) is on 9/27/14 at El Dorado Park Nature Center
- Remind coordinator to complete tour permit
- 2nd Harvest is coming up, to be coordinated by Henry Lee. Planning for November 22, 2014
- CHOC Walk is also coming up on 10/12/14. Prizes to top 3 scouts and overall fundraising adult member. (thank you pin)
|July 26-Aug. 2||Log Cabin-2014||Frances Gorospe||Lee Vining, CA||- Event went under budget and did not use Troop subsidy of $75/scout.|
|Sep 13-14||Beach Outing- Sep 2014||Anjali Atkins/Chandanika Gunawardena||Mission Bay Aquatic Center||- Board approved an increase of $25/scout to cover for parent’s activities fee. Original budget charged adults for the event fees.|
|Sep 27||Training hike||El Dorado Park||-Training Hike for new scouts scheduled in September 27 at El Dorado Park.|
|2015||Philmont||Philmont kick off meeting schedule for September 19 at Glenn's house.|
|Oct||Backpacking- Oct 2014||Scott Kotake / Jay Chiang||-Jay is surveying a couple for hiking trails for the October backpacking trip.-Little Johnny Trail, Red Box and Valley Forge are the likely trails for October. Preferred trail that has source of water. Philmont crew will participate in the October backpacking as part of their training hike.|