Date: Tuesday, Sep. 10th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
Total present: 23
Eagle Project Proposal
- Mitchell Hoang’s project was approved. His project is to paint parking spaces and waterproof lacquer on the patio for Immanuel Fellowship Church.
Committee Chair Report
- Acknowledged and thanked our previous Committee Chair for his services to the Troop
- Announced the new slate of officers for 2013-2014
- District Advancement has options for Daanish to fulfill his leadership requirement. 1) Lone Scout Program 2) Request for a “special” extension and serve in a leadership position with the troop.
- Continues to hold SM conference with scouts
- Financial report on File
- $100 subsidy to Philmont Crew from the Experian Donation Fund
- Ready for Beach Outing requests
- Gears are slowly returning from Fish Outing
- Need backpack loaners for upcoming backpack training
- BSA registration fee to increase to $24 for 2014
Chauchan, [Maha Sadras], Cristina Preciado( not in Attendance )
- Working with 3 scouts on preparing for Eagle Character Board.
- 2 Pre-eagle in pipeline.
- Suggest having a portfolio on pre-Eagle scouts’ information online for tracking his progress, records, advisor’s comments and dates of achievements. Only selected individuals to have access. Concerns: privacy and confidential information on public domain/server. Conclusion: No consensus, need to discuss further.
Trail to 1st Class
- No report
Grace(nia), [Melody, Jeanne, Glenn H. (not in attendance)]
- Multiple scouts had their BOR and passed for August
- Others are scheduled for September
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang(not in attendance)
Medicals Chair Report
- plan on updating the medical file for accuracy and completeness
- Presented list of outing for 2014; request volunteers to coordinate event.
- Plan on pairing up experienced with novice parents for a smooth knowledge transition of program services and operational efficiency.
|TBD||Philmont - 2015||Chad Hoang||Philmont||Sign up with Council for 2015 starts in November.|
|Aug 24-25||Fishing-2013||Glenn Hiu, Dennis Huang||Silverado Lake||Wrapped up. Scouts had a good time.|
|Sep 14-15||Beach Trip - 2013||Jackie Lee, Chandy G, Jeanne||5 adults and 15 scouts are signed-up. On schedule.|
|Oct 13||CHOC Walk - 2013||Jeanne Cha, Carl Wong||Troop is registered. All are encouraged to participate.|
|Oct 19-20||Backpacking - October 2013||Carl Wong, Jay Chiang||Cedar Glenn||Budget approved at $15/scout|
|Nov 16-17||Bike Camping - November 2013||Santos Kadi, Yi Chu||2 routes will be planned, 1 a shorter one and another longer one for older scouts. Budget approved.|
|Dec 14||Holiday - Dec 2013||Lillibelle Reyes||Heritage Park (Hide/Seek).Or John’s Incredible Pizza.Still in planning stage.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- No waiting list to join T693. Open registration for all perspective scouts. New scouts joining are advised that advancement are scheduled at specific time, in coordination with training or advancement classes which are held at certain part of the year. Yearly formal parent orientation is in March.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps:
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry