Date: Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 26
Eagle Project Proposal
- Committee moved to approve Vignesh Sadras - Eagle Project proposal. Vignesh's project is is to build backpack hooks for 17 classrooms at Whittman Elementary School. He will also paint the lunch tables and stencil school values on them. He plans to execute his project on Oct 6th.
- Committee moved to approve Brandon Hojo - Eagle Project proposal. Brandon's project is is to collect backpack with school supplies from the neighborhood and donate them to Olive Crest, who in turn will give them to the needy children. His project dates have not yet been approved.
Committee Chair Report
- Thanks to the new committee members
- Had his 1st Troop meeting
Mi Kyong - Balance on File
- Purchased a faucet for a water jug.
- Approved to purchase an easel for the Troop, which could be used in meetings.
Cynthia Dang - (Not in Attendance)
- Not in attendance
- It will be very busy next few months, with 5-6 eagle project presentations lined up.
- Committee temporarily decided to allow only 2 days per month for Eagle project.
Trail to 1st Class
- Pre-orienteering is scheduled on September 15th 2:00PM - 4:00PM at Sunshine Park.
- 1-mile orienteering will be done September 23rd 1:00PM - 5:00PM.
Melody, Grace, Jeanne, Uttra (none in attendance)
- There is no need to store blue cards for old scouts on file. They can be shredded.
- Latest rank advancement report has been sent out. Santos will send a new list of recipients for it to Melody.
MinChi Cheng (not in attendance)
- Calendar - 2013 is available on the website
Medicals Chair Report
- Will go through the medical records
- Looking for a volunteer to run CHOC Walk - 2012
Jay Chiang (not in attendance)
- Outings for 2013 have been finalized
|Aug 16-19||Zip-lining / Repelling / Caving - 2012||Chad Hoang, Jay Chiang||Moaning Cavern Park||Scouts had a good time a the trip. Repelling was the favorite. They also had smores, fishing, water balloons|
|Aug 25||Water Balloon Fight - 2012||Chad Hoang||Sunshine Park||Scouts had fun. Pizza was ordered|
|Sept 30||Backpack Training - 2012||Victor Hsiang, Yi Chu||El Dorado Park||Backpack training was completed. Training hike on the 30th|
|Sept 22-23||Board-sailing / Windsurfing- 2012||Eliza Ma, Sissy Yoh||Mission Bay Aquatic Center, San Diego||16 scouts and 7 adults have signed-up.|
|Sept 29||Adult Potluck - 2012||Christina Preciado||Nishibayashi residence||Christina will be organizing this event; This is a good event for parents of the troop to meet other parents|
|Oct 14||CHOC Walk - 2012||Jeanne Cha||Disneyland||All are encouraged to attend for a worthy cause|
|Oct 20||Backpacking - October 2012||Anjali Atkins, Vasantha Sripathi||San Jacinto||Cost will be $40 per scout. Adult will pay for their tram ride and lunch.|
|Oct 27, Nov 3||Scouting for Food - 2012||Shalu Chauhan, Uttara Kelkar||Sunshine Park|
|Nov 17-18||Rock Climbing - 2012||Jas Jahic||Joshua National Park||Cost will $140 per scout|
|Dec 15||Holiday Party - 2012||Quintin Sumabat||Did preliminary inquiry with Laser Tag. Will get pizza from Costco. Cost will be $30 per scout|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Camp Cherry Valley (2013)
- Hawaii (2013) — Start taking deposits; In order to achieve Hawaiin Award we must attend their summer camp. Gorope's visited the camp this summer…and are exited for the trip next year.
- Philmont (2013)
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry