Date: Tuesday,September 13, 2011 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle Scholl
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Eagle Project Proposal
- Andrew Choi Eagle Project Presentation: Projected Date is October 1, 2011 and will consist of cleaning and replenishing the Cerritos elementary school’s emergency water containers, painting and bolting the classroom number signs onto the fence, collecting all the individual safety kits for all the kids, taking inventory for each classroom emergency and storage bins as well as cleaning and organizing existing storage bins. Committee motion to move to approve Andrew’s eagle project.
Committee Chair Report
- BSA has a section on its website that you can locate troop, pack by entering a zipcode which will allow you to email a troop
- Alok was approached by a school board member to allow them some time to present, but our troop does not allow political campaigning
Chad Hoang/Alok Sancheti
- 2 SMC -1 first class and 1 tenderfoot
- Last day as scoutmaster is September 26
- Leadership applications are all in and will be evaluated by SM and ASM to decide on leadership.
- Leadership training is September 25 to get them ready for October 1.
- ASM will be left alone as structured and Alok will determine how ASM can be utilized once he gets a feel of how the troop runs.
- Of the $7000 only $200 went toward outings. Suggestion was made to increase the subsidy for outings, since our budget allows a suggestion was made that if we could purchase equipment to replace old/outdated ones. However, administrative expenses usually covers that which comes from troop contribution.
- We need to remove two signers and go as a group to sign up.
- A payment was made by Daanish and Alok to replace a lost filter ($80)
- Replacement of Laterns was made.
- Tent cleaning day postponed from 10/8 to 10/10 and 10/17 during the regular meeting
Cynthia Dang(not in attendance)
- Scouts met on 9/9 to brainstorm of outings, then some parents met to look at the top 6 -10 outings and tried to group some of the activites into a long term. They also calendared the events on a calendar looking at school calendar to avoid major events at the school system. They also met to build a subsidy worksheet covering a total of about $9500. We will leave the rest a reserve for a rainy day.
- Next week is the mandatory parent meeting to sign up to volunteer to help coordinate an outing.
- October 17 will be allotted for the coordinator Event/Outing training.
- Kent and Jeffrey completed Eagle character board.
- Keving Chang has been given all his options and scenarios so that he can complete eagle, but mathematically he is running out of time. His goal is now to complete his life by the time he is 18
Trail to 1st Class
Dennis Gorospe, Terry Domae
- Most scouts have completed trail to first class and will be looking to getting signed off for first and second class requirements
- Some scouts still need to complete the 1 mile orienteering course. Many are looking to now do the 5 mile orienteering course on the backpacking trip with a pre-training on Oct 2st, Saturday.
Melody, Grace, Jeanne, Jovita
- BOR this Thursday 9
- Working with Jay Shin on the ins and outs of the website
- Jay- suggestion made to have a Picasso account to upload lots of photos.
Medicals Chair Report
Uttara Kelkar(not in attendance)
Christina Preciado, Anjali Atkins
- Choc Walk is just around the corner, last date to register and pay online is October 12th, 2011. All checks to be turned in by October 10th 2011 (Mondays Meeting). Website:http://www.chocwalk.net/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=478689&lis=1&kntae478689=29162AB0B9F343BE86182DB79267B8C4&team=4255213
- Choc Walk event is October 17, 2011. Our troop will be meeting at the Big O in California Adventure at 6:15 am. If you need a ride to Disneyland meet at Sunshine Park at 5:30 am.
Check out new Calendar - 2011 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|Aug 27-28||Beach Outing/Surfing - August 2011||Cynthia Chen, Frances Cheng||Malibu||Deficit of $12.93. A total of 13 boys and 5 adults. Thank you to Phil for working with the school instructor getting them ready for paddle, boogie and surf boarding. They also had the opportunity to do 2 hours of kayaking. All the scouts had an entertaining time, with the great help from the adults shuttling equipment and stuff. Early morning hike was short.|
|Sept 17-18||Kayaking/Snorkeling - September 2011||Jas Jahic, Dennis Gorospe||Oxnard –Channel Island||17 scouts and 6 adults attending, Leaving Saturday morning at 4:30 am. They will be having a funfilled day for 3 hours each day for two days. Question regarding a tip for 3 guides.|
|Sept 24||Adult Potluck - 2011||Christina Preciado||Glenn's Nishibayashi Home –Cerritos||This will give us a chance to communicate so that we get to know each other a little better in helping strengthen our troop family.|
|Oct 22-23||Backpacking - October 2011||Grace Lee, Yi Chu||San Gabriel Mountains –Red Box||Backpacking cost is $30. Redbox. 3 meals +1 snack. Trailhead snack will be provided before returning home. 20 scouts and 20 adults. Backpacking training went well on 9/9. Backpack inspection and training hike will be at El Dorado Park on 10/2/11|
|Oct 29-Nov 5||Scouting for Food - 2011||Shalu Chauhan||Sunshine Park –Cerritos Residents||October 29 will be distributing doorhanger with coupons on the back and November 5 collection of nonperishable food. Will need adults to help take food to organization.|
|Nov 19-20||Rock Climbing - November 2011||Jay Shin, Richard Gilliland||Joshua Tree –Indian Cove Campground||15 scouts went in 2008. $100 per scout, This year it will be $135 per scout which includes food, transportation and tip. Scouts will have the opportunity to receive the Rock climbing merit badge provided that they fulfill all requirements.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Meal cost distribution was discussed. Patrol leader should take the lead on Meal purchased to accommodate the $3, $4, $5 allottment. Will work with outing coordinators to discuss meal costs and purchases.
- Philmont Subsidy- $200 will be subsidized to the 2011 Philmont Crew.
- Trianing Subsidy- $800 subsidy-Retroactive to the year 2010. Brian and Curtis in 2011. Adjustments will be made to include SM/ASM Leader specific training (Wilderness Training) as well
Long Term Outings Planned
- Camp Mataguay (2012)
- Camp Cherry Valley (2013)
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry