Date: Tuesday, September 8th at 7PM in Room 601,
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Time : 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Maja Sadras
Total present: 20
- Committee approved proposal to elect Kiran Rami as Advancement Chair.
- Planning meeting went very well. Mandatory parent meeting to sign up for activity coordinator has been postponed to 10/12/09. We will be holding the Octobers troop committee meeting on that day as well.
- Scoutmaster Conference - Ten SMC (1 tenderfoot, 3 2nd class,4 Star, and two Life )
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Discussion regarding the subsidy of outings. Looks like our surplus goal has been met so we will need to be careful now on how much subsidy will be allowed in order to maintain a stable budget.
- We must be careful to break even on all outings this year.
- Looking into fundraising ideas for troop outings.
- Committee approved to make a mileage adjustment of .25/mile to .14/mile or actual fuel cost.
- Victor and Chad came up with a resolution toward holding scouts accountable for checked out supplies after all outings. An bin inventory list has been taken to see what we currently have as well as checked all item for repairs and replacement of gear. There is a request form that all outing coordinator will need to submit as well as make an appointment with Chad to release any troop equipment needed. Form will be put up online.
- Rechartering took place. She has submitted registration renewal for the troop.
- We now have all outing covered. Campore(5/21-5/23): Jaime and Asmath, White-water rafting (6/19-6/20): Jas and Ed, Forest Lawn Mountain Man (11/20-11/21): Kiran and Carol, Back Packing (10/16-10/17): Girish and Richard
- Has put together an outing participation estimate survey form to be filled out by scouts.
- CG will be having his Eagle Character Board on 11/11/09. Class of 2010 working on Eagle are JM, and JW.
- Class of 2011 will be meeting early November to discuss Eagle Process.
- Parent please encourage all older scouts to go on outing. Help them feel welcome and let them know that they are doing a great job as role models in our troop for the younger scouts.
Trail to 1st Class
- Has put up a new page of upcoming event organized by date and requirements needed. There are links to the BSA Website as well as videos to view.
- Recently scouts completed poisonous plant discovery with Eric Steigler and Eric Aune.
- Tenderfoot almost complete
- Compass 1 mile orienteering will be held Sunday 10/25/09. Supervision is needed.
//Susan Chung , Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca //
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, October 15th, 2009. 10 scouts requesting BOR. Thank You to all the parent volunteer who came to help
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are complete and up to date.
- Susan took blue cards for upcoming court of honor.
- 2010 calendar is updated. If an email is sent to you, please respond ASAP so that information regarding outings can be posted in an efficient manner.
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be updated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check below for soon to be expired medicals. See Hoa to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
Jeanne Cha (not in attendance) and Jovita Fuente
- CHOC walk is scheduled for 10/19/09. Registration is online. Register at CHOC Walk - October 2009. Will be starting at 6:00 AM at Disneyland.
- First CPR Training will be available through CPE on 9/16/09, 10/21/09 and 11/7/09. Online Registration at link http://recreation.ci.cerritos.ca.us/econnect/Activities/ActivitiesDetails.asp?ProcessWait=N&aid=92
- SM and ASM training Part 1 is to be arranged. Part 2 Outdoor Leadership training is available from September 25, 26, and 27th.
- High Adventure training will be available in February. More information will be gathered and announced at troop meeting.
- Looking into scheduling a BOR review course for adults interested in sitting in for Boards of Review.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- JM and JW Eagle Projects in September and October.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|Aug 22-28||Long Term Bike Ride - August 2009||Alok Sancheti||Detail on Calendar - 2009||9 scouts/ 6 adults. Great job to all the boys who accomplshed the 164 mile bike ride. Thank you to all the adults who supported these boys on this outing. Expense report on file and all gear has been checked back into bin|
|August 21-23||Surfing / Bonfire / Windsurfing Trip - August 2009||Chad Hoang||Leo Carrillo Beach||Scouts and Adults had a fun in the sun. Wonderful troop individualized facility.|
|September 4||Deep Sea Fishing- September 2009||Floyd Wilson||Unknown||No information|
|October 4||Plant and Animal - October 2009||Eric Steigler||Unknown||All scouts who are interested in fulfilling the plants and animals requirement for 1st and 2nd class.|
|October 9-11||Canoeing - October 2009||Dennis/Carol||Fiesta Island||Cost is $50 per scout. Online class registration is an additional $37 for each clinic. This is an opportunity to earn merit badges in canoeing, sailing, and motor-boating. Currently we have 20 scouts signed up. Total cost is $87|
|October 12||Mandatory Parent Meeting - October 2009||Chad Hoang||Carmenita MS||Finish up sign ups for 2010 activity coordination for troop.|
|October 19||CHOC Walk - October 2009||Jeanne Cha||Disneyland||Registration is online. Register under Troop 693. Will be starting at 6AM at Disneyland.|
|September 20||Orienteering Training - September 2009||Terri Domae||Sunshine Park||Map and Compass training at 1:00 PM|
|September 20||Backpack Inhouse Training - September 2009||Glenn Nishibayashi||Sunshine Park||3:30 will be a backpack training for scouts and parents (first timers especially).|
|October 24||Backpack Inhouse Training - October 2009||Glenn Nishibayashi||El Dorado Park||7:30 Backpack inspection, following with an 8:00 AM practice hike.|
|October 25||1 mile Compass Course - October 2009||Terri Domae||Regional Park||Information distributed during scout meeting|
|November 7 and 14||Scouting for Food - November 2009||Jovita De La Fuente||Sunshine Park||Is gathering information and will announce during troop meeting|
|November 21||Backpacking - November 2009||Jay Shin||Unknown||Tabled for next meeting. Information to be distributed during troop meeting|
- Summer Camp 2010 Camp Whitsett. Still working on closing out budget for Camp Cherry Valley.
- Philmont 2011- level of interest. Application deadline-October 2009. See Glenn Nishibayashi for more information.
Medical forms HAVE been updated