Where: CPE, Malibu Room
When: Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Time : 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Chad T Hoang
Total present: 25
ASM Meeting: Followed directly afterward.
Table of Contents
Chad T Hoang
- Introduction of new Ad Hoc leaders.
- Scoutmaster Conference- 3 SCM reported.
- Some Board of Review Scheduled for 09/19/08.
- Flag Ceremony in honor of Loring Hughes Memorial scheduled for 09/11/08 at the Cerritos City Hall cancelled. All donation go to Larry Stern. Loring Hughes Flagpole Project that is closely monitored and lead by our very own Mr. Larry Stern. It appears that the Council will discuss our proposal and we are scheduled to perform the flag ceremony for the City of Cerritos Council meeting on Thursday, October 9, 2008. Please show that scouting spirit by participating in the event at City Hall. Suggested arrival time to be at 6:45PM for the start of the presentation of colors. We appreciate your support and hope to see you there.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
Bryan Johnson and Peter Prana
- Outing coordinator should be recording gear checked out to scouts as well as regulating when items are returned to quartermaster. Wiliam will inform outing coordinators of their responsibilities (creating a list of checked out gear and following up with the returns)
- Items are being returned in an orderly fashion.
- If you have any items from the Saltwater Canoe / Kayak Trip - September 2008 in your possession, please return them to Brian immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear.
- Four upcoming eagle ceremonies. Garetts, Jasons, and Evan was a success. Congrats to all of you
Trail to 1st Class
- Advancement opportunity in Orienteering on 11/2/08. Terri has updated the course at regional park. A pretraining will be scheduled during a troop meeting
Maria, Susan, Melody, and Jill
- Summer Camp - July 2008 is being wrapped up
- If you are interested in becoming a Merit badge counselor, there is a online process noting what qualifications are required.
- Alok is willing to train adults to post information for events and outings themselves.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar.
- Advertisement popups will no longer be up.
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Jeanne Cha and Jovita Fuente
- CHOC walk is approaching soon 10/19/08. 8 walkers signed up already and last day to register is 10/4/08. Committee has approved the purchase of a banner in honor of Joyson. A 4X5 banner will be approximately $47.95 +6.95 (Tax & shipping)
- Next service project is at Second Harvest Farming in Irvine. Approximately 30 volunteers are needed. We have 12 interested scouts so far, but we need 25-30 in order to be able to pick our own date or we will have to join another group.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne Cha know so that she can look into it.
- October 4,10-11, 24-25 ASM/SM Training Month for both classroom and outdoor training.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2008, Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|Jun 21-22||Surfing Trip - June 2008||Brian Johnson||Reimbursement wrap up are taking place)|
|Jun 23||Summer Camp - July 2008||Maria Gomez||Reimbursement wrap ups are taking place|
|August 10-16||Whitewater And Caving Trip - August 2008||Carol Hojo||Still waiting on some expense reports. Troop voted and approved the purchase of pictures taken during trip. Money will be taken from remaining funds left over from trip.|
|Sept 6||Planning Meeting - 2008||Eric Aune||Was a big success. We have coordinator assigned for all scheduled activities for the 2008-2009 year.|
|Sept 12-14||Saltwater Canoe / Kayak Trip - September 2008||Richard Gilliland||28 scouts and 11 adults attended and was very successful. Please get expense reports into Richard ASAP|
|Sept 15||Mandatory Parent Meeting - 2008||Committee Chair||Cancelled|
|Sept 20||Adult Backpack Training - 2008||Glenn/Larry||Training session Glenns house from 9-1|
|Sept 27-28||Adult Backpacking Trip - September 2008||Glenn/Larry||Go to comment and put your name if interested|
|Oct 4||Adult Potluck - 2008||Hoa Pham, Christina Preciado||Evite will be sent out via email. Will be at Glenn and Kathy's Residence on 10/4/08 at 4 PM|
|Oct 4||Merit Badge Day - October 2008||Susan Chung||Remind Scouts if interested in earning a merit badge to call the appropriate counselors|
|Oct 11-12||Rock Climbing - October 2008||Jay Shin||Website has been updated with latest info-It will be at Joshua Tree. 13 scouts and 8 adults have signed up. Cost is $100 each.|
|Oct 18||Backpack Training Hike - October 2008||Larry Stern||2 mile hike at El Dorado Parks Nature Center at 7 AM. Backpack inspections will be held.|
|Nov 1, 8||Scouting for Food - November 2008||Maha Sadras||Details being gathered. More info to come|
|Nov 15-16||Backpacking Trip - November 2008||Michael Chern||5 mile hike at Icehouse Island|
|December 13||Holiday Party - December 2008||Christina Preciado||Laser Tag|
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go and progressing smoothly. Confirming with LAAC, Philmont contingent will be leaving July 13 and returning July 27, 2009. Ed, spoke to Danette Verdugo on various stuff and checking with her on the date of our Philmont 2009, it is July 14–July 26.
- Spirit of the Eagle Award was given in Honor of Joyson. Committee approved proposal to add Joyson with annotation of Spirit Award to Troop Eagle Plaque.
- AYSO Region 54 Soccoer Tournament- Thanksgiving weekend- Boys who are working toward the Citizenship in the Community merit badge and need the 8 hour community service requirement met inquire with Glenn. Locations are Haskell Middle Scholl, Regional Park and Cypress.
- Aviation Merit Badge will occur on 9/20/08 and 10/4/08 at Chino Airport.
- Every scout should be given the opportunity to experience troop activities. If encountering hardship at any time camperships are available for all outings. They are confidential.
Medical forms will be updated soon
|Scout-Patrick De La Fuente||06/20/2008|
Next Comittee Meeting: October 14, 2008 at 7:00 PM @ Carmenita Middle School.