Date: September 11, 2007
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Peter Prana
Total present: 16
Table of Contents
- 2 SM conference scheduled in the past month (1 for Life and 1 for Second Class)
- Applications for patrol leadership are due 9/24/07.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file)
- Looking for signers for checks (Must come to committee meetings)
- Floyd/Alok - Brief discussion on two checks not deposited (giving about a month to recover)
- No report, just a brief discussion on a form that Floyd/Sang and Peter will be putting together to better track troop gear.
- No report
- No report
Trail to 1st Class
- Backpacking Expectations for New Scouts 10/01/07 (during regular meeting) - bring all materials
- Training Hike 10/06/07 (El Dorado Park) - Meet at library adjacent to Nature Center.
- Red Box Valley Forge 5 mile Hike (11/17/07) - 2nd Class Requirement.
- 4 Scouts passed orienteering course
- Discussion on patrol patches for new scouts, ribbon for parents and totem/fire patch needs to be updated and distributed.
- Paul Matsushima looking for someone to replace Nancy to host boards of review and coordinate parents to sit on boards of review.
- Maria Gomez and Committess made decision that Summer Camp 2008 will be at Holcomb Valley - approximately $300 per scout.
- Needs electronic copy of reimbursement form to place on Troop Website
- Email Alok any forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity
- Send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar
- No Report
- Sang will educate new adult parents on coordination of events.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- (Eric Stiegler) 10/13/07 at Paramount Steak House
- 12/1/07 at Layola Marymount (How to set-up and run committee/meetings as well as various leadership training supplementals)
- Evan N: 9/15/07
- Justin Wang: 10/27/07
- Andrew P: 12/1/07
- Isaac : 1/12/08
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Rental Costs for use of MPR/Classrom at ABC USD (Fee imposed $300.00)
- At least 3 Additional Signatures are need to sign checks (need to attend committee meetings)
- Annual HAT Outing (Philmont, Northern Tier, Sea Base) -Peter Prana suggest fundraising ideas for subsidy on cost on outings.
- (9/22-9/23) Mountain Biking Good to Go (18 Boys and 4 Adults)
- (9/24) Mandatory Parent Meeting - Sign ups to coordinate upcoming event for the following Calendar Year.
- (9/29) Alok will Coordinate for Rock Climbing in Huntington Beach (however each parent is responsible for taking and picking up
their own scout)
- (10/13 and 10/14) Rock Climbing at Los Valley (Inquire with Eric Stiegler) Committee voted to increase subsidy to $30 per scout.
- (10/06) Merit Badge Day- Maria will announce procedures to get blue cards.
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated:
|Scout-Marc De La Rosa||1/30/2007|