Date: Tuesday, Oct 14th, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Minutes of September link:
Count of Attendees: 21
Isaac Szu – Eagle Projects
- Discussed 2014-2015 troop subsidies on outings. Provide schedule of subsidy allocated to each of the outings
- Busy with SM conferences, leadership application and pre-eagle meetings
- We have a few openings for the next scout leadership position. Deadline is extended to 10/22/14.
- ASM selection committee is set up at the Cerritos Board Room to go over scout leadership application.
- Financial Report on File.
Quartermaster: Scott Kotake
- Getting ready to provide tent, equipment and gear for the next backpacking outing. We anticipate a large group of backpackers (around 50 participants). Philmont should look into purchasing their own gears.
- Registration is underway with the goal of getting completed application by November.
- Remind everyone to get YPT certificate, if it expires this year. (2 years certification)
Ashok Chauhan / Jeanne Cha
- Presented a list/schedule of scouts in progress of obtaining their Eagle Rank at various stages.
- 2015-2016 – scouts in the pipeline for Eagle Projects: 14
Trail to 1st Class
- Orienteering is being plan for at Cerritos Regional Park
- 2nd half or Tenderfoot Fitness requirement scheduled for end of October
- New scouts are excited and motivated.
Grace Lee, Joseph Antonio, Linda Phong, Greg Tecson
- Advancement team is busy with scouts request for Board of Review (BOR)
- Troop next Court of Honor (COH) is on 12/1/14 at CMS
Rajiv Argawal, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- No report
email to moc.spuorgelgoog|retsambew-396poort#moc.spuorgelgoog|retsambew-396poort, for any posting requests.
- No Report
- Coordinating with S. Kotake on the next backpacking trip.
- Currently, troop has 4 adventure pass will require more. Price is $30 annual pass. Committee approved to get several more, if necessary. Some parents have personal adventure pass for the outing.
Sissy, Henry Lee
- Scouting for Food 1st half is October 25 and 2nd half is following Saturday November 1. Scouts will be split into 5 groups (5 scouts per group). Sunshine Park neighborhood is the designated area. Need parent volunteers on both days.
- 2nd Harvest is coming up, to be coordinated by Henry Lee. Planning for November 22, 2014
- Limted to 8 scouts (first come, first serve) for this outing.
- CHOC Walk is also coming up on 10/12/14. Prizes to top 3 scouts and overall fundraising adult member. (prize is a “thank you” pin)
|Sep 13-14||Beach Outing- Sep 2014||Anjali Atkins/Chandanika Gunawardena||Mission Bay Aquatic Center||no report|
|2015||Philmont||Chad H.||Adult meeting is on schedule to meet after backpacking trip. Crew has been split into two. Training hikes are scheduled in March, May and June. Travel arrangements are heavily in discussion.|
|Oct||Backpacking- Oct 2014||Scott Kotake / Jay Chiang||Jay is surveying a couple for hiking trails for the October backpacking trip. Little Johnny Trail, Red Box and Valley Forge are looks like it is leaning toward Little John.|
|Nov 8-9||Rock Climbing - 2014||Chad H. and J. Jahic||Joshua National Park||Currently has 9 signed up for the event. 10 scouts are reserved with instructor.|
|Dec 13||Holiday Party - 2014||Eliza Ma||Golfland||Rate: $12.50/scout $17.50/adult|
|Jan 10-11, 2015||Cope And Ziplining - 2015||Hannah Lee, Dennis Huang||Costs: $85/scout – it is a 2 hours course of ziplining. Campsite is about a 30 minutes walking distance away from the zipline course.|