Date: Tuesday, Oct. 8th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
Total present: 22
Eagle Project Proposal
- Patrick De La Fuente project was approved. His project is to restock the emergency kits for Cerritos High School. As suggested by the Committee, Patrick will expand the scope of his project to provide for significant improvements than what is now in place at the school.
Committee Chair Report
- Thanks Ms. Kelkar for helping out with Scouting for Food.
- Thanks everyone for a successful potluck.
- We thank the Gorospe for hosting the event. Food/drinks were plenty and phenomenal.
- Expanded on adherence to the “2 deep leadership” requirement with respect to email communication.
- Budget subsidy for outings in 2014 has been approved from our sub-finance committee.
- Inappropriate forwarded emails were accidently distributed among District, Council members, Merit Badge counselors and unfortunately to the scouts . Parents are advised to discuss this with their sons and delete the email.
Junior ASM Report
- Patrick discussed with SPL regarding ways to improve overall scouting meeting, outing and experience. Patrick suggests that in order for the JASM to be successful, JASM roles and responsibility needs to be clearly defined so that it can be more structured.
- Committee Chair suggests that JASM could report on the Eagle Project results, lessons learned and feedback.
- Financial report on File
- Received backpack frame from Glenn N.
- Committee approved of reimbursing Glenn for the frame
- Top of the flag medallion needs replacement
- Troop T-shirts (class b) are available at cost
- BSA registration fee to increase to $24 for 2014
Chauchan, [Maha Sadras], Cristina Preciado
- 3-4 scouts are preparing for Eagle Character Board.
- Ashok is working on building an online database of Eagle candidates use for tracking his progress, records, advisor’s comments and dates of achievements. Only selected individuals to have access.
Trail to 1st Class
- Flag ceremony requirements were completed
- Need to discuss with SM regarding what further requirements need to get sign-off from summer camp.
Grace(nia), [Melody (nia), Jeanne, Glenn H. (nia)]
- Multiple scouts had their BOR and passed for September.
- List of scouts shown on overhead projector
- Quality Unit Patch 2012 – suspended; Will submit form for 2013 QU patch
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang(not in attendance)
- Webmaster is trained.
- 2014 calendar of events is up on website.
Medicals Chair Report
Santos Kadi– Completed updating medical forms with matching information on our website.
- Event Coordinator can rely on the medical forms posted on the website and determined if the medical has expired or not.
- Discussed backpacking trip possible cancellation due to government shutdown.
- Alternate sites were proposed. Committee defer decision to Outing Chair and Coordinator.
|TBD||Philmont - 2015||Chad Hoang||Philmont||Sign up with Council for 2015 starts in November.|
|Aug 24-25||Fishing-2013||Glenn Hiu, Dennis Huang||Silverado Lake||Wrapped up. Scouts had a good time.|
|Sep 14-15||Beach Trip - 2013||Jackie Lee, Chandy G, Jeanne||5 adults and 15 scouts are signed-up. On schedule.|
|Oct 13||CHOC Walk - 2013||Jeanne Cha, Carl Wong||Troop is registered. All are encouraged to participate.|
|Oct 19-20||Backpacking - October 2013||Carl Wong, Jay Chiang||Cedar Glenn||Budget approved at $15/scout|
|Nov 16-17||Bike Camping - November 2013||Santos Kadi, Yi Chu||2 routes will be planned, 1 a shorter one and another longer one for older scouts. Budget approved.|
|Dec 14||Holiday - Dec 2013||Lillibelle Reyes||Buena Park||John’s Incredible Pizza. Budget approved.|
|Jan 11-12||Sports Outing - Jan 2014||Chad Hoang, Glenn Hiu||Firestone||Submitted application to Firestone for reservation of campsite. On schedule.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Community Service to Long Beach shelter is scheduled on November 10.
Veteran’s Day Ceremony at City of Cerritos is scheduled on November 11 to share, commemorate and display the certificate and the encased U.S. flag that was raised by our Troop on the USS Arizona in Hawaii on July 4, 2013.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps:
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry