Date: Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 19
Eagle Project Proposal
- Committee moved to approve Jonathan Chen - Eagle Project proposal. Jonathan's project is is to clean, prime and paint rod iron fence at New Life Community Church.
- Committee moved to approve Edward Shin - Eagle Project proposal. Edward's project is is to prepare, prime and paint rod iron fence as Immanuel Fellowship Church. His project also involves cutting foliage of overgrown trees.
Committee Chair Report
- Had couple for scoutmaster conferences
- Jaguar patrol will be distributed among other Patrols
- Leadership application for next term are due by October 25th
Mi Kyong / Eliza Ma - Balance on File
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- Not in attendance
- Had a well attended Life to Eagle presentation by Glenn Maha and Christian.
- There are couple of scouts waiting to present their Eagle projects.
Trail to 1st Class
Dennis Gorospe (not in attendance)
Melody, Grace, Jeanne, Uttara (none in attendance)
- Only few BOR requests have been received for October.
MinChi Cheng (not in attendance)
- Calendar - 2013 is available on the website
Medicals Chair Report
- Medical records updated on October 2nd.
Jay Chiang (not in attendance)
- Outings for 2013 have been finalized
|Aug 16-19||Zip-lining / Repelling / Caving - 2012||Chad Hoang, Jay Chiang||Moaning Cavern Park||All expenses have been submitted|
|Sept 22-23||Board-sailing / Windsurfing- 2012||Eliza Ma, Sissy Yoh||Mission Bay Aquatic Center, San Diego|
|Sept 29||Adult Potluck - 2012||Christina Preciado||Nishibayashi residence|
|Oct 14||CHOC Walk - 2012||Jeanne Cha||Disneyland|
|Oct 20||Backpacking - October 2012||Anjali Atkins, Vasantha Sripathi||San Jacinto||Cost will be $40 per scout. Adult cost will be $30|
|Oct 27, Nov 3||Scouting for Food - 2012||Shalu Chauhan, Uttara Kelkar||Sunshine Park||Suggestion made to attach plastic grocery bags to the flyer for better response. Shalu will not be there on 1st day.|
|Nov 17-18||Rock Climbing - 2012||Jas Jahic||Joshua National Park|
|Dec 15||Holiday Party - 2012||Quintin Sumabat||Troop will pay for the food.|
|Jan 12-31||COPE - 2013||Chad Hoang||Irvine Ranch||Has done preliminary inquiry for COPE course @Irvine, will include zip lining|
|Jul 7-13||Summer Camp - 2013||Shalu Chauhan, Scott Kotake||Cherry Valley||Currently 17 scouts have signed up. Will pay for only scouts who have signed up + 3 paying adults + 1 free adult.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Outing subsidy was approved as follows:
|Month||Event||$/Scout||# Scouts||Total||Actual $||Cost/Scout||% Subsidy|
|May||White Water Rafting||60||15||900||200||140||30.00%|
|Jun||Hawaii Long Term||50||11||550||1,700||1,650||2.94%|
Long Term Outings Planned
- Camp Cherry Valley (2013)
- Hawaii (2013)
- Philmont (2013)
- Committee will be setup to plan for summer camps for future years
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry