Date: Oct 12, 2010 7 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Alok Sancheti
Total present: 23
Eagle Project Proposal
- Vicator Dang prestented his eagle project which consisted of building, painting and filling with compost 6 planter boxwes for El Dorado Children Center. Projected date will be in the month of March and will take 1 day: 8 am- 5pm. Project was approved, but further discussion of details will be discussed with eagle advisor regarding details
- Kent Chen presented his eagle project which consited of replacing Kiosk structure at Whittier Narrows Nature Center. The project will include cleaning debris from fire as well. The project will take 2 days and the projected dates are: 2/19/11 and 2/26/11. Project was approved.
- Use of Carmenita Facilities approximately $410 for BOR and Scout Meeting Use. Carmenita MS also announced that students and scouts should be aware of their surrounding while waiting for parents. There has been an encounter with adult disturbances noted. Be careful, safe and do not wait alone if possible.
- Youth Leadership and ASM's revisited. Canidate applications were reviewed by some of the ASM leaders and Scout Patrol positions assigned. There are some positions still waiting to be filled. Next Monday meeting ASM and Youth Leadership for the next 6 months will be announced.
- Chad will be purchasing patches for leadership and patrols.
- ASM meeting brought up issues with scouts and support for eagle canidates presentations. ASM's agreed to have 2 per committee meetin, but tabled the idea of opening up presentation. on dark mondays.
- Eagle advisor will help in managing calendar for eagle presentations and projects allowed. It is up to the Eagle scout to take ownership or their responsibilities and dates selected.
- SMC- tenderfoot
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- There are still two tents that were not tagged and are missing. Everyone needs to check there garages for them.
- All other tents have been tagged and many are still incomplete. Gordon was able to salvage the one tent that was damaged.
//Cynthia Dang //
- Collecting forms for registration. All adults registered must take Youth Protection Training online or at the next Monday meeting. If you are doing it online enter ID Member # so that it can be registered in the BSA Data Base. Rechartering is due early December, will be priniting out a roster of ID's and proof of traing for the next meeting so that parents are updated.
- New updated information: company name and policy numbers. Insurance information can also be found at Forms
- Keith Banuelos is preparing pre-eagle board presentation for 11/6/10
- There are 12 total scouts up for Eagle in the year 2012.
Trail to 1st Class
- 10/17/10- Topo/compass training
- 10/31/10-Star scouts will be needed to help the younger scouts with the 1 mile orienteering with map and compass
- 11/7/10- 1 mile orienteering course at Regional Park.
- Glen will also help during the Backpack trip for those who need to fullfill this requirement.
Susan, Melody, Grace, Jeanne
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, October 21, 2010. Venue TBA.
- Discussed making a new stand to add more Eagle Plaques. Ed will contact Frank to create a blank plate stand so that Glenn can try and create one for our troop
- November is Court of Honor.
- Advancement Data Base will be sent out to the ASM/Eagle Advisor for review.
- 2011 calendar is updated. If an email is sent to you, please respond ASAP so that information regarding outings can be posted in an efficient manner.
Medicals Chair Report
Uttara Kelkar(not in attendance)
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults required if you are participating in a high adventure outing. Scouts medical forms are required for all outings. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be updated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check Medical Form Expiry link. See Uttara to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
- When turning in updated medicals, you must have Part A, B, and C completed along with a copy (both sides) of your medical insurance card. Originals will not be accepted, you must bring two copies of the updated medicals.
- Updated medical are online.
Kiran Rami, Anjali Atkins
- CHOC Walk 10/17/10- Link can be found on calendar date.
- Richard has put together a module on the Adult Training page for parents to view and Richard has posted LA/Orange County Links. Check them out and see all the available training going on along with online classes you can do in a short time to become certificated in various areas. (BSA E-learning Center)
Event and Outings
- Organization of 2011 calendar of outings completed.
- Nitin Sadras
- Roland Gomez
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2011 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|Oct 13||Backpack Training Hike - October 2010||Victor Hsiang and Peter Prana||El Dorado Park||30 scouts and 15 adults will be attending. 5 drivers needed. Patrol leaders need to request equipment and meal plan|
|Oct 17||CHOC Walk - October 2010||Serena Szu, Anjali Atkins, Kiran Rami||Disneyland||15-20 people signed up. Will be meeting at 6AM by the "O". Raised $2500. Pick up packet at Glenns House by Saturday at the latest.|
|Oct 23-24||Backpacking - October 2010||Richard Gilliland and Girish Kelkar||Cedar Glenn||Ice House. We have approximately 50 people signed up. Cost is $25. Will be leaving at 7 am.|
|Nov 6, 13||Scouting for Food - November 2010||Jeanne Cha and Shalini Chauhan||Sunshine Park||Will be going to round table for district approval.|
|Nov 20-21||Forest Lawn Mountain man Thunder – November 2010||Carol Hojo and Kiran Rami||Forest Lawn||Mountain Man. Budget will be prepared for next meeting. Two nights, scouts cost is $15 and Adults $10.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Frances called two boys from the wait list and they showed interest, however we will be waiting until February to let them in.
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry