Date: Monday, October 12, 2009
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School in the auditorium
Chaired by: Maha Sadras
Attendees: MANDATORY for all parents, No scouts (Dark Monday)
Total present: 46
Eagle Scout Project Presentation
- AW presented his eagle project for approval to the committee. He will be cleaning the center at the First Aid Coalition Homeless shelter to build a barbeque for them to use. Committee approved his project. Proposed dates are 11/7/09 and 11/14/09.
- Thank you to all parents who came out to this meeting.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting - October 2009 held before the committee meeting to sign up coordinators for next year outings.
- Scoutmaster Conference - Ten SMC (1 - Tenderfoot, 3 - 2nd class, 4 - Star, and 2 - Life)
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Discussion regarding the subsidy of outings. Looks like our surplus goal has been met so we will need to be careful now on how much subsidy will be allowed in order to maintain a stable budget.
- We must be careful to break even on all outings this year.
- Looking into fundraising ideas for troop outings.
- Committee approved to make a mileage adjustment of .25/mile to .14/mile or actual fuel cost.
- Budget Committe was formed to budget expenses for next year.
- Victor and Chad came up with a resolution toward holding scouts accountable for checked out supplies after all outings.
- An bin inventory list has been taken to see what we currently have as well as checked all item for repairs and replacement of gear.
- There is a request form that all outing coordinator will need to submit as well as make an appointment with Chad to release any troop equipment needed. Form will be put up online.
- Re-chartering took place. She has submitted registration renewal for the troop.
- Sign ups are finish for Calendar-2010 activity coordination for troop.
- Is putting together a survey form for scouts to fill out, so that coordinators will be able to get an estimate on participation for their outing ahead of time.
For dates of these outings see Calendar Here is the list:
|Holiday Party - December 2009||Hoa Pham|
|Bike Camping - January 2010||Ashok Chauhan|
|Snow Trip - February 2010||Hoa Pham, Claire Peer|
|Green and Gold - February 2010||Maria Gomez, Uttra Kelkar|
|Backpacking Trip - March 2010||Jeanne Cha, Christina Precadio|
|Grand Canyon - April 2010||Andrew Chien, Jay Shin|
|Camporee - May 2010||Jaime Banuelos, Asmath Noor|
|Whitewater Rafting - June 2010||Jas Jahic, Ed Johnson|
|Fundraising - 2010||Mi Kyong, Claire Peer, Mee Yi|
|Summer Camp - July 2010||Cristina Precadio|
|Log Cabin - August 2010||Alok Sancheti|
|Windsurfing Trip – September 2010||Terry Doame|
|Backpacking - October 2010||Girish Kelkar, Richard Gilliland|
|Scouting for Food - November 2010||Jeanne Cha, Shalini Chauhan|
|Forest Lawn Mountain man Thunder – November 2010||Carol Hojo, Kiran Rami|
- CG will be having his Eagle Character Board on 11/11/09. Class of 2010 working on Eagle are JM, and JW.
- Class of 2011 will be meeting early November to discuss Eagle Pathway.
- Parent please encourage all older scouts to go on outings. Help them feel welcome and let them know that they are doing a great job as role models in our troop for the younger scouts.
Trail to 1st Class
- Has put up a new page for Trail To First with list of upcoming event organized by date and requirements needed. There are links to the BSA Website as well as videos to view.
- Recently scouts completed poisonous plant discovery with Eric Steigler and Eric Aune.
- Tenderfoot almost complete
- Compass 1 mile orienteering will be held Sunday 10/25/09. Supervision is needed.
Susan Chung , Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, October 15th, 2009. 10 scouts requesting BOR. Thank You to all the parent volunteer who came to help
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are complete and up to date.
- Susan took blue cards for upcoming court of honor.
- 2010 calendar is updated. If an email is sent to you, please respond ASAP so that information regarding outings can be posted in an efficient manner.
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be updated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check below for soon to be expired medicals. See Hoa to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
Jeanne Cha (not in attendance) and Jovita Fuente
- CHOC Walk was scheduled for 10/19/09. Registration was online. Register at CHOC Walk - October 2009. We will start at 6:00 AM at Disneyland. Troop raised approximately $5000.
- First aid and CPR Training will be available on 11/7/09. Online Registration at link http://recreation.ci.cerritos.ca.us/econnect/Activities/ActivitiesDetails.asp?ProcessWait=N&aid=92
- SM and ASM First module training will be held on 10/17/09 from 8-4 pm. Cost is $5 and Module 2 Outdoor Leadership training is available on 10/24 and 10/25 at Firestone. Cost is $25.
- High Adventure training will be available in February. More information will be gathered and announced at troop meeting.
- Looking into scheduling a BOR review course for adults interested in sitting in for Boards of Review. Also Jay has put together a module on the training page for parents to view
- JW Eagle Projects 10/31/09.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|September 4||Deep Sea Fishing- September 2009||Floyd Wilson||Unknown||Outing was a success. Paperwork still being wrapped up.|
|October 9-11||Canoeing - October 2009||Dennis/Carol||Fiesta Island||19 boys attended trip. 17 boys participated in Merit badges. 4 boys kayaked on Sunday. Everyone enjoyed themselves.|
|October 19||CHOC Walk - October 2009||Jeanne Cha||Disneyland||Registration is online. Register under Troop 693. Will be starting at 6AM at Disneyland.|
|October 24||Backpack Inhouse Training - October 2009||Glenn Nishibayashi||El Dorado Park||7:30 Backpack inspection, following with an 8:00 AM practice hike.|
|October 25||1 mile Compass Course - October 2009||Terri Domae||Regional Park||Information distributed during scout meeting|
|November 7 and 14||Scouting for Food - November 2009||Jovita De La Fuente||Sunshine Park||Approximately 15 scouts signed up. Please come out to help for distribution of flyers or picking up donations|
|November 21||Backpacking - November 2009||Jay Shin||San Jacinto in Palm Springs||Scouts will be taking the arial tram up to San Jacinto, will backpack 2 miles, and camp in Round Valley|
|December 12||Holiday Party - December 2009||Hoa Pham||Laser Tag/Skyzone/Broom Ball||Parents/scouts will be sent out an email to get a head count on what holiday party activity their scout is interested. Decision will be made at the next committee meeting.|
|January 31||Bike Camping - January 2010||Ashok Chauhan||Unknown||More information will come at troop meetings.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Summer Camp - July 2010 Camp Whitsett. Registration has been made for 35 people. Requested dates in July. More information will be given out once dates have been set. Cost approximation is $450. Will be setting up a 3 month payment plan for this outing.
- Summer Camp - June 2009 Camp Cherry Valley - All money has been turned in, however we are still waiting on a $400 refund from Cherry valley to close budget on this outing. All partial Merit Badges were returned to scouts from Summer Camp.
- Philmont - 2011 - Application deadline-October 2009. We have currently enough boys interested to have two groups go. 18 scouts have signed up and 7 adults so far. Any scouts who sign up now will be put on waiting list. Must be 14 years or older as of January 2011 to be able to go. First payment of $100 due on 10/26/09 troop meeting.
- 2009 Subsidy will be tabled until we are in a better situation.
- Experian Donations will go toward paying each scout and adult $200 for Philmont 2009
- Troop approved to make a deposit for our Snow Trip in February so that we can reserve a spot.
- Lilabelle our hospitality chair requested budget for Court of Honors, Holiday Party and Planning meeting. Troop approved a budget of $150.
- Suggestion to create a budget committee to manage cost better for troop. Kiran, Ed, Fadia, Alok, Mikyong, Lillabelle and Glen will be working together on the Budget. Fundraising ideas will be discussed at this time.
- Troop approved to reimburse Jill for food purchased on backpack outing last year. Receipt was lost, but verification of purchase was known.
Medical forms HAVE been updated
Next Comittee Meeting: November 10, 2009 at 7:00 PM @ 7PM, Carmenita Middle School.