ASM Meeting: Held before at 6:30 PM
Where: Carmenita Middle School
When: Tuesday, Octover 14, 2008
Time : 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Chad T Hoang
Total present: 17
Table of Contents
- Recognition of ASM Training: Victor Hsiang, Frances and Dennis Gorospe, Chad Hoang, Andrew Chien, Christina Preciado
- Green and Gold - February 2009 scheduled for 2/13/08 in the Skyline Room at Cerritos Library. Liability insurance pending.
- Scoutmaster Conference - 4 SCM reported.
- Some Board of Review Scheduled for 10/16/08.
- Flag Ceremony in honor of Loring Hughes Memorial scheduled for 10/09/08 at the Cerritos City Hall was a success. Thank you to all who attended.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Discussion of Meals per Diem on outings. Scouts must plan and purchase food accordingly to reduce cost and waste.
Bryan Johnson and Peter Prana
- Outing coordinator should be recording gear checked out to scouts as well as regulating when items are returned to quartermaster. Wiliam has a inventory sheet set in place for outing coordinators that helps in keeping track of troop equipment .
- If you have any items from the Saltwater Canoe / Kayak Trip - September 2008 or Rock Climbing - October 2008 in your possession, please check them in to the outing coordinator so that person can return them to Brian immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear.
- A couple tents are damaged. Ed has volunteered to take them in for repair.
- In the process of collecting dues for the new year. Check your email for the form to be filled out and return with fee to Cynthia ASAP. Due November 2008.
- Justin Wang and Andrew Park passed their Character Board and are on their way to receiving their Eagle recognition.
Trail to 1st Class
- Advancement opportunity in Orienteering - November 2008 on 11/2/08. Terri has updated the course at regional park. A pretraining will be scheduled during a troop meeting.
Maria, Susan, Melody, and Jill
- In the process of updating records.
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are accurate
- If you are interested in becoming a Merit badge counselor, there is a online process noting what qualifications are required.
- Alok is willing to train adults to post information for events and outings themselves.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar.
- Advertisement popups are now gone.
- Our Web Page has shown an increase in users from 2000 to 4000 this past month.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Jeanne Cha and Jovita Fuente
- CHOC Walk - October 2008 will be held on Sunday 10/19/08. 29 walkers are signed up to attend. We will be walking in Disneyland holding a banner in honor of Joyson. Make sure you are in full Class A uniform. $2055 was raised.
- Next service project is at Second Harvest Farming in Irvine. Approximately 30 volunteers are needed. We have 12 interested scouts so far, but we need 25-30 in order to be able to pick our own date or we will have to join another group.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne Cha know so that she can look into it.
- October 24-25 ASM/SM outdoor training.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Introduction of Stephen Lee's Eagle Project of Landscaping at FCC. Will need approximately 15 -20 scouts. Projected date 1st or 3rd weekend in December.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2008, Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|Jun 21-22||Surfing Trip - June 2008||Brian Johnson||Reimbursement wrap up are taking place|
|Jun 23||Summer Camp - July 2008||Maria Gomez||Reimbursement wrap ups are taking place|
|August 10-16||Whitewater And Caving Trip - August 2008||Carol Hojo||Troop voted and approved a return of $100 to each person who attended longterm|
|Sept 12-14||Saltwater Canoe / Kayak Trip - September 2008||Richard Gilliland||28 scouts and 11 adults attended and was very successful. $280 surplus|
|Oct 4||Adult Potluck - 2008||Hoa Pham, Christina Preciado||Very successful. Thank you to Glenn and Kathy for opening up their home and making this day possible|
|Oct 11-12||Rock Climbing - October 2008||Jay Shin||14 out of the 15 people who signed up attended. Al 14 scouts received a merit badge. Coordinators did a fabulous job. Next year maybe Indian Cove??|
|Oct 18||Aviation Merit Badge - September 2008||Terri Domae||Chino Airport|
|Oct 19||CHOC Walk - October 2008||Jeanne||29 walkers are signed up to attend. We will be walking in Disneyland holding a banner in honor of Joyson. Make sure you are in full Class A uniform.|
|Nov 2||Orienteering - November 2008||Terri Domae||Place will be at Regional Park at 2:00 PM. Terri has updated the course routed around all playing fields. Each scout will be provided with a map and worksheet. A pretraining will be scheduled during a troop meeting|
|Nov 8||Backpack Training Hike - November 2008||Larry Stern||2 mile hike at El Dorado Parks Nature Center at 1 PM. Backpack inspections will be held. Green Bar will schedule next meeting to go over backpacking skills.|
|Nov 1, 8||Scouting for Food - November 2008||Maha Sadras||Details being gathered. More info to come. Sunshine Park 8-11 am|
|Nov 15-16||Backpacking Trip - November 2008||Michael Chern||5 mile hike at Icehouse Island. 15 boys and 10 adults signed up|
|Nov 21-22||AYSO - November 2008||Glenn Nishibayashi||AYSO Region 54 Soccoer Tournament- Thanksgiving weekend- Boys who are working toward the Citizenship in the Community merit badge and need the 8 hour community service requirement met. Locations are Haskell Middle Scholl, Regional Park and Cypress. 11 scouts have volunteered to help out event will be held from 8 AM - 8PM. Adult supervision is also needed.|
|December 13||Holiday Party - December 2008||Christina Preciado||Laser Tag in fullerton. Information will be distributed at an upcoming troop meeting|
|January||Snow Trip - January 2009||Andrew Chien||Details to come|
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go and progressing smoothly. Confirming with LAAC, Philmont contingent will be leaving July 13 and returning July 27, 2009. Ed, spoke to Danette Verdugo on various stuff and checking with her on the date of our Philmont 2009, it is July 14–July 26.
- Every scout should be given the opportunity to experience troop activities. If encountering hardship at any time camperships are available for all outings. They are confidential.
- Motion approved to give a gift of thanks to Carmenita Middle School for allowing the troop to use their facilities.
- February 8, 2009 (99 th Birthday of Scouting in the US) Proposal has been approved and a lighted flag pole will be placed at Sunshine Park in dedication of Loring Hughes Memorial.
Medical forms will be updated soon
|Scout-Patrick De La Fuente||06/20/2008|
Next Comittee Meeting: November 11, 2008 at 7:00 PM @ Carmenita Middle School.