Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
Total present: 19
Eagle Project Proposal
- Ricky G. project is deferred by the Committee. It needs further planning and will be reviewed by a sub-committee. His project is to produce an anti-bully educational video.
- Remind members that there are opportunities for Leadership Training at University of Scouting. Cost of classes is reimbursed by the Troop. Encourage adult leaders to attend training courses.
- Discussion on administrating Spring Camporee. Theme will be Highland Games with a handful of games to be tested before the event. Eric would like to have a bagpiper at the event to spruce up and make the event more festive.
- No scout QM for upcoming terms. SM placed QM duties to the ASPL and asks that they be in charge of QM duties or to find a replacement.
- USS Arizona flag is currently at the Cerritos Senior Center for display.
- Financial report on File
- Request for fund to replace the flag base as it is wearing down; committee approved
Registration Report (Cynthia Dang)
- 57 scouts renewed or applied for membership
Ashok Chauchan, Maha Sadras, Cristina Preciado
- Troop is active with scouts preparing and requesting for pre-Eagle Character Board.
- Eagle Guide Team is working/encouraging 2-3 scouts that are within the crucial months of turning 18 years of age.
Trail to 1st Class
- No report
Grace(nia), [Melody (nia), Jeanne, Glenn H. (nia)]
- Court of Honor is on 12/2/13.
- Thanks Alok S. for assisting and provide training for the MC of the COH event
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang(not in attendance)
- Committee Chair thanks the webmasters for doing a wonderful job.
Medicals Chair Report
Santos Kadi– Completed updating medical forms with matching information on our website.
- no report
|TBD||Philmont - 2015||Chad Hoang||Philmont||Sign up with Council for 2015 starts in November.|
|Oct 13||CHOC Walk - 2013||Jeanne Cha, Carl Wong||Troop is registered. All are encouraged to participate.|
|Oct 19-20||Backpacking - October 2013||Carl Wong, Jay Chiang||Cedar Glenn||Budget approved at $15/scout|
|Nov 16-17||Bike Camping - November 2013||Santos Kadi, Yi Chu||2 routes will be planned, 1 a shorter one and another longer one for older scouts. Budget approved.|
|Dec 14||Holiday - Dec 2013||Lillibelle Reyes||Buena Park||John’s Incredible Pizza. Budget approved.|
|Jan 11-12||Sports Outing - Jan 2014||Chad Hoang, Glenn Hiu||Firestone||Submitted application to Firestone for reservation of campsite. On schedule.|
|Feb 8-9||Snow Trip Outing- Feb 2014||Charles Wei||Big Bear||Committee approved. Collecting deposit by 12/16.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Community Service to Long Beach shelter is scheduled on November 10.
- Veteran’s Day Ceremony at City of Cerritos is scheduled on November 11 to share, commemorate and display the certificate and the encased U.S. flag that was raised by our Troop on the USS Arizona in Hawaii on July 4, 2013.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps:
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry