Date: November 13, 2007
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Glenn Nishibayashi
Total present: 21
Table of Contents
- 6 SM conference scheduled in the past month (5 Life/ 1 Tenderfoot).
- 2 Eagles scheduled
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- If you have any reimbursements for Backpacking Trip - November 2007 activity turn in receipts to Michael Chern.
- Any volunteers who are coordinating an outing for the Calendar-2007, be sure you close out the event completely within a month after the date of the event.
- No report, just a brief discussion about camp gear not being returned in a timely fashion.
- Floyd and Sang are working together to create a form in which each coordinater will fill out at the end of each outing in order to keep track of Troop gear more efficiently.
- If you have any items in your possession, please return them to Floyd immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear. (I believe their is still gear out from Philmont).
- Backpacking Trip- Return items checked out to you on Monday, November 26, 2007 troop meeting.
- Glenn has a breakdown of the subsidy budget for activities and events schedule for this upcoming year. The Committee approved subsidizing those Scouts and Adult leaders from Troop 693 who went to Philmont an additional $200 per person, coming from the funds donated by Experian - that would translate into $3400 against the $3500 (according to my records) that has been donated by Experian to date
- As the Outing Coordinators prepare their budgets to the Committee, this is what they should use in developing their proposed price for each Scout to attend their particular outing.
Given that we have so many different Outing Coordinators, Ed Johnson has volunteered to develop a Outing Budget template for the Outing coordinators to use in preparing their budgets to present to the Committee. I think that will be very helpful for the Committee as we review each outing. Thanks Ed for volunteering.
2007 2008 Pro Forma Budget.xls
- Board of Review (BOR) process. Committee discussed an additional Troop Review of scouts who are preparing for their Eagle BOR. This is to avoid any disagreements made on scouts participation, commitments in the troop, character, and completion of rank advancement/merit badges.
Trail to 1st Class
- No report available,
- Red Box Valley Forge 5 mile Hike on 11/17/07
- 2nd Class Requirement.
- Melody is working on coordinating parents to sit on Board of Review, however is looking for someone to replace Nancy/as host boards of review.
- Many of Troop Forms are up and ready for printing.
- Email Alok any other forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar-2007 or Calendar-2008
- No Report
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Adult Training (Eric Stiegler)
- 12/1/07 University of Scouting at Layola Marymount (How to set-up and run committee/meetings as well as various leadership training supplementals)
- Andrew P: 12/1/07
- Isaac : 1/12/08
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
- Dec. 15 "Holiday Party" (Christina Preciado)The cost is $15.00 per person and $ 10.00 for scouts with troop subsidy. There is no fee for those who are not play, but a donation $5.00 is greatly appreciated. Flyers will be handed out at Monday's Meeting November 26, 2007.
- Jan. 19-21 "Canoeing Trip" (Terri Botello)The cost is $120.00 per person but with the Troop subsidy of $30.00, the total cost will be $90.00 per scout. The cost (food, etc.) for adults will be free; they will only be required to pay for the cost of canoeing at $38.11.
- Feb. 1-3 "Snow Skiing / Boarding" (Claire Peer) Claire will continue to explore other options and cost: 1-day trip or 2-day trip; cost with ski equipment and without ski equipment; other activities available for second day for those who do not wish to ski. Further discussion of prices at next Committee meeting. Food and lodging for adults will be free, only pay for the cost of skiing
- Feb 8 " Green and Gold Banquet - no coordinator identified yet"
- Mar. 8-9 "Backpacking Trip - Proposed site: Mohaves Desert Park"
- Spring Camporee; Fishing Trip; Surfing Trip - The Fishing Trip (Floyd Wilson) and the Surfing Trip (Brian Johnson) still need to get campsites reserved with the surfing trip being the one where we really need to get a reservation soon as San Onofre beach campsites are very difficult to get.
- July 13-19 "Summer Camp" Scheduled date will be July 13-19 at Lost Valley (east of Temecula). Eric Aune secured a 20% discount for the troop, cost will be $250-$255.
- August 10-16 "Long Term" (Carol Hojo) Scheduled date will be August 10 -16 for caving. Carol will continue to explore other options: Caving or white water rafting first; caverns with and without available showers.The cost is $600.00 per scout but with the Troop subsidy of $100.00, the total cost will be $500.00 per scout.
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated:
|Scout-Marc De La Rosa||1/30/2007|