Date: Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Minutes of April -2015 Meeting link:
Troop 693 May 2015 Minutes of Meeting
Count of Attendees: 25
Committee Chair: Santos Kadi
- Troop August COH will be at Shoshonean Park in Norwalk.
- There will be an Eagle COH at end of the month (May).
Scoutmaster: Dennis Gorospe
- New scout leadership were elected and approved by ASM committee.
- Leadership are posted on the website
- Flag Ceremony on 5/28/15 for Pritvi’s Eagle Proclamation
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster: Victor Phong
- Commented on camporee and improvements needed (propane shortage, ice storage)
Treasurer: Eliza Ma
- Financial Report on File.
Quartermaster: Scott Kotake
- Purchased new t-shirts. Committee suggests maintaining short sleeve t-shirts. New poles ordered. Water filter will need replacement.
Registration: Jenny Song
- All new scouts applications has been submitted to District
Eagle Guide: Ashok Chauhan / Jeanne Cha
- Eagle committee is busy with preparing, scheduling and maintaining lists of Eagle scouts candidates.
Trail to 1st Class: Charles Cho ,
- Scheduling the Tenderfoot Fitness for new scouts. Likely to be the end of May 2015
Advancement: Grace Lee, Joseph Antonio, Linda Phong, Greg Tecson.
- NEW for 2015. Parents (red, white and blue) ribbons will be replaced with another version that has both cub scouts and boy scouts emblem on it and it appears that it is meant to be worn around your neck. Cost of new ribbon is $5.99/each
Webmasters: Rajiv Argawal, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- Everything is good - No report
moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT#moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT, for any posting requests.
Medical Chair: Glenn Hiu
- Continue to monitor and update medical records
Outing Chair: Jay Chiang
- Thanks new adults that joined the troop for stepping up and volunteering for the Deep Sea Fishing and Beach Outing that was vacant.
- Remind Parents to save your receipt for outing reimbursement.
Adult Training: Carl Wong
- Plan on having a more active schedule for adult training
- Plan to offer CPR/First Aid trained adults as Troop has Certified Trainer
- Wilderness Survival may be offered by our troop Certified Trainer
Community Service - Henry Lee
- Upcoming event includes: OC food bank in Garden Grove – 12-15 participants.
- Scheduling 2nd Harvest Food Bank in November 2015
- July 2015 – Compton Initiative
- Philmont – Training hikes are scheduled in May and June.
- Camporee: Troop had a large group with 81 participants. SPL did a a great job with large attendants. New parents were great and did well.
- Flag Day – Everything is on schedule. Placed a box at the library for donation with added poster. Event will take place at Heritage Park with many invited organizations. The Veterans also are donating flags to be retired.
- Bike Training for the Centurion – Preparation is under way for the outing.
- 4th of July Fundraising – Carl Wong will be the MC going over the “rules” in the mandatory parents meeting.
- Summer Camp – mandatory scout meeting is scheduled in May. 34 scouts signed up for Summer Camp in Cherry Valley.
- Deep Sea Fishing – Committee approves budget. Reminder those over 16 is required to have fishing license. Tickets/licenses are purchased in advance.
Next Committee Meeting: TUESDAY, June 9 , 2015 @ 7 PM – Carmenita School