Date: Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
Eagle Project (7:00-7:20)
Proposal to organize music sheets, instrument and donation drive for Haskell Middle School - Committee approved project.
*Gabriel Black – Proposal to stain a shade structure, replacing shade material and installing a secure latch on a gate. - Committee approved project
Committee Chair Reports
- Reservation placed for Shoshone Park for COH
- Memorial Day Event @ City Hall, 9:30AM all scouts are invited for the celebration.
- COH will be on 8/25/2014 starting @ 5:30 PM
-Nothing to report
- Financial report on file
- CC recommends transfer of Experian fund before new budget and appropriation of $$ to go toward High Adventure outings..
Scott Kotake, Victor Hsiang
- Ordered Class B t-shirts, patches and neckerchiefs
- Member suggests donating slides to the troop
Registration Report (Cynthia Dang)
- A couple of outstanding registration application
- Total 66 scouts
Ashok Chauchan, Maha Sadras, Cristina Preciado
- Request a need for new Eagle Guide Counselor to replace outgoing counselor
Trail to 1st Class
- Incoming class of 18 new scouts.
- Francis G. is our new swim badge counselor
- Will recruit Patrol Leader to help out with current Troop Guide
Grace, Jeanne, Linda, Chandy, Glenn H.
- Request August BOR to start at 5:30 and dinner to start at 6:00PM.
- Scouts continue earning rank advancements. Congrat’s and keep working
toward your Eagle.
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- Webmasters to rotate each 2 months, sharing the responsibility.
Medicals Chair Report
- Need scouts and adults to complete part C for files
- New venture pass is available upon request
- 16 scouts attended the Compton Initiative Project – it was a big success.
|April 11-13||Camporee (Frontier)- April 2014||Eric and Troop693||Brea||Approximately $448 deficit from the event.|
|May 17||Sailing- May 2014||Dennis Huang, Jackie Lee, Terry Domae||Newport||- Sign up numbers are : 9 scouts and 2 adults.Cost of outing is $45/scout.|
|May 19||Fundraising 2014||Vasantha Sripathi||Artesia||With a total of 66 scouts – there should be enough families to man the booth.Mandatory Meeting set for May 19, 2014. City of Artesia approved permit to have the 4th of July Fundraising event. Request for new person to set up generator and oversee it on a daily basis.|
|June 20-22||Caving/Rapelling- June 2014||Santos Kade, Miki Cheng||Moaning Cavern Park||13 scouts/ 5 adults registered so far.Registration is still open.|
|July 26-Aug. 2||Log Cabin-2014||Frances Gorospe||Lee Vining, CA||Planning three training hikes (day hike, overnight, and 2 nights),14 scouts + 5 adults registered.|