Date: Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 24
Eagle Project Proposal
- Daanish Noor's, project was approved. His project is to build shoe racks for his mosque. He is deciding whether to build the rack here or in Utah where he is stuyding.
- Lancelot Chu's project was approved. His project is to create hangers for Tetzlaf school, and also plaint lunch tables and trash cans.
Committee Chair Report
- It is recommended that scouts who have attained the rank of Eagle, do their Eagle - Court of Honor. It is a big achievement for the young man, also it encourages younger scouts and parents to attain the rank of Eagle.
- Our Troop has been asked to run the 2014 spring Camporee, and committee approved to host it. Will need a team of people to do registration, run events etc.
- Some new parents and new JASM (Patrick) attended the committee meeting.
- Had 7 scoutmaster conferences. 2 Tenderfoot, 1 First Class, 3 Life and 1 Eagle
- Balance on File
- More Troop Green t-shirts have been ordered.
- 4 new scouts have registered, 3 of them are 8th graders
- We now have total of 58 scouts
- Jonnathan Chen cleared his Eagle.
- Kevin Cheng should be having his Eagle Character Board soon.
- Edward Shin has completed his Troop Eagle Board.
- 3 projects are in pipeline.
- 4 more scouts are talking about their Eagle projects.
Trail to 1st Class
Dennis Gorospe (not in attendance)
Melody, Grace, Chandy, [Jeanne, Uttara (not in attendance)]
- April: 1 Second Class / 1 First Class / 1 Life / 1 Troop Eagle
- Scheduled in May: 2 Tenderfoot / 1 First Class / 2 Life /1 Troop Eagle
Medicals Chair Report
- Updates are posted on web.
- October Backpacking Trip will now be organized by Glenn Hiu.
- Swimming Merit Badge scheduled for Thu, Fri.
|Mar 16-17||Backpacking March - 2013||Andy Black, Victoria Bian||Sprue Grove||Final report submitted|
|Apr 12-14||Camporee - 2013||Minchi Cheng, Sharon Wang, Cynthia Dang||Firestone||34 scouts + 8 adults went. 6 scouts and 6 adults joined from Pack 529 and Pack 673. Outing went well.|
|May 17-18||Whitewater Rafting - 2013||Vildana Jahic, Phil Working||Kern River||Swimming Merit Badge is required to attend this outing.|
|Jun 1-2||Field Sports - 2013||Chad Hoang||Forest Lawn||All ready to go|
|Jun 23- Jul 5||Hawaii Long Term - 2013||Frances Gorospe||Hawaii||All ready to go, flight has been booked. Will be going to Hawaii first.|
|Jul 7- Jul 13||Summer Camp - 2013||Scott Kotake, Chandy Gunawardhana||Cherry Valley, Catalina||Attended the orientation meeting on Apr 27th. Afternoon will be free time. There will be a class for Trail to 1st Class. $15 for t-shirt.|
|Jul 30 - Aug 15||Philmont - 2013||Uttara Kelkar, Santos Kadi||Philmont||2 more training hikes are planned. Scouts are taking the lead in planning|
|Aug 24- Aug 25||Fishing - 2013||Glenn Hiu, Dennis Huang||Planning for 20 scouts + 4 adults. $20 per scout + license if you are 14+|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Water Balloon Fight: Should need extra adult supervision. It was decided to hold the event only for Troop 693 people and not invite other Troops, so that the event is more organized and controlled.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps:
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry