Date: May 10, 2011 7 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Alok Sancheti
Eagle Project Proposal
- Committee moved to approve Brian Hsiang Eagle Project. It consists of building 2 storage cabinets in the band room at Cerritos . It will be used to store band uniforms. 10- 12 people approximately will be needed around 12 hours each day. Tentative dates are 7/23/11 and 7/30/11.
- Committee moved to postpone approval of Eric Prana's Eagle Project. He will be working on a more detailed plan of his project which consists of updating 36 Emergency backpacks at Carmenita MS and fixing, organizing material and replacing broken racks in the emergency bins. Eric will be present to the Committee a specific breakdown of his project to be approved at a later date. Requested dates are 6/18/11 and 7/9/11
Committee Chair Report
- Court of Honor May 23, 2011. Alok would like to present something as a thank you to Frank (who created our eagle plaques) , and Raul (Carmenita MS Janitor) for the contributions they have made to our troop.
- 2 SMC conference
- New scout leadership in place
- New Leadership initiative - scout to be more responsible, PL+ consider helping out troop in projects, planning the outing: e.g. Curtis was in-charge for campsite, Jonathan coordinate MB, Lancelot for flags ect.
- Chad announced that his position of Scoutmaster Position will be coming to an end this troop year. Thank You for all your hard work and dedication to this troop.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Most of the Camporee outing equipment has been returned, waiting only on 1 tent and tarp.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- New updated information: company name and policy numbers. Insurance information can also be found at Forms
- Troop permit must be filled out one week prior to an outing and must be cleared before any outing progresses.
- Will need to work with August coordinator as they are new.
Maha Sadras(not in attendance)
- New scouts must make sure that they fulfill rank of scout before they begin any requirements there on.
Trail to 1st Class
Dennis Gorospe/Terry Domae (not in attendance)
- New scouts who need to get their Fire and totin chip badge, a class will be scheduled before summer camp.
- First Aid Merit Badge class (4-6 hours) also will be set up.
- Most of the new scouts have completed the Swimming Merit Badge and are good to go for Summer Camp.
Susan, Melody(not in attendance), Grace, Jeanne
- May 23, 2011 Court of Honor. All merit badges completed need to be submitted by 5/19/11.
- This week we have 4 BOR- 1 tenderfoot, 1 2nd Class, 1preeagle, and 1 eagle.
Jay Shin (not in attendance)
- New roster updated on the website
Medicals Chair Report
Uttara Kelkar(not in attendance)
- Some new scouts missing medical forms. Make sure if you are going on the philmont training hikes, whitewater rafting or summer camp that you have your medicals updated.
Kiran Rami(not in attendance), Anjali Atkins(not in attendance)
- Richard has put together a module on the Adult Training page for parents to view and Richard has posted LA/Orange County Links. Check them out and see all the available training going on along with online classes you can do in a short time to become certificated in various areas. (BSA E-learning Center)
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
Check out new Calendar - 2011 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|April 15-17||Camporee – April 2011||Serena Szu, Linda Phong, Su Yon Kim, Vasantha Sri||Firestone Camping Reservation||Big Thank You to all who helped in organizing this event and for those who supported with helping during that weekend. Budget wrap up was presented. There was $174 deficit, but with the $25 subsidy that each of the scouts get, this will cover the camporee deficit|
|May 14-15||Rifle Shooting/Shotgun - May 2011||Richard and Charles||Location Whittier Narrow||36 scouts will be attending the rifle shooting on Saturday and 29 scouts with shotguns on Sunday. LARR is requesting a letter of Thank You from our troop which will be written up after the outing. This is to show community involvement on behalf of LARR organization|
|May 16||Fundraising Meeting - May 2011||Claire / Mee / Jovita||Carmenita MS||Sign Up to work fireworks booth. Claire is looking for someone who has a van to take the 9-10 pm slot on 7/4/11 which involves taking inventory of and storage of unpurchased fireworks as well as returning theses items on 7/5/11 (suggestion to incoorporate this as a 4 hour slot at the Mandatory Parent Meeting)|
|June 23-26||Whitewater / Fishing - June 2011||Ed Johnson||Kern river||9 scouts and 4 adults confirmed. Still taking sign ups. Cost is $200 ($120-rafting,$80 meals and gas), possibility for one of the four days to incorporated fishing or mountain biking|
|July 10-16||Summer Camp – July 2011||Christina Preciado||Emerald Bay||Currently 30 scouts confirmed to attend. Deadline for sign ups is June 2, 2011, this is to determine whether an additional adult will be needed. Pre-orientation meeting Tuesday (May 17- CHS-room 704,7pm) and Thursday (June 2-Liberty Park-Washington room,7pm) to discuss merit badges, packing material and distribute and collecting of forms.|
|Aug 27-28||Beach Outing- August 2011||Cynthia Chen, Frances Cheng||Malibu||Approximately $126 per scout. Surfing class is provided, Phil working will look into more details regarding surfing opportunities for our troop. Reservation of campsite will be made.|
|Sept 17-18||Kayaking/Snorkeling - September 2011||Jas Jahic, Dennis Gorospe||Oxnard –Channel Island||Approximately $210 per scout (one night camping, two days kayaking)- $25 subsidy|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Formation of Nomination Committee- Chad, Dennis, Jeanne, Raj and Charles
- Who gets Service Pins discussion tabled to the next meeting
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry