Date: May 10, 2010 7:00PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Maha Sadras
Total present: 17
Table of Contents
Eagle Project Proposal
- Experian donation of $1500
- ADHOC Committee (Alok Sancheti, Christina Preciado, and Santos Kadi)
- Scoutmaster Conference - 0 SMC.
- 60 sign ups for Camporee (50 scouts and 10 adults)- Kendall will be in charge of the gateway and the Chern Brother will be working with the gadget competition. The theme of Camporee is emergency preparedness. Tameem is the SPL.
- Congratulation to Joseph Moon who successfully completed his Eagle Character Board on 5/12/10.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Just a reminder to adult coordinators that an outing template must be presented and approved by committee so that any refunds can be given.
- Committee approved that deadlines for expense reports to be submitted is no later than two committee meeting after an outing has ended so that the outing coordinator can prepare and submit report at a committee meeting in order to close budget.
- Currently there are 26 convenient tents ready to be checked out. 27 claimed to be returned, however only 24 actually returned.
- We have 22 tarps. Victor will be looking into purchasing more tarps for the troop. Also tent repair kit was purchased for $10.
- There are 8 cooking bins, only 5 are complete 3 are missing pots. Anyone interested in making donations for troop gear, contact Victor.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- Contact Alok when filling out Troop Permit, he has the new insurance certificate with updated information: company name and policy numbers. Insurance information can also be found at Forms
- Josephs Moon's Eagle Character Board on 5/12/10
- Tameem Breik achieved rank of Life on 4/26/10. Many thanks to Larry Stern for working with him on 3 eagle required merit badges. He still need to have a SMC and a board of review by 10/26/10 to achieve rank of Eagle.
- Justin Wiguna's Eagle Project book is completed and is working on his Eagle application. He has one merit badge to complete, then he will be ready for his SMC, Troop Board of Review and submitting application to the district.
- Kendall Nishibayashi has completed day one of Eagle Project, and the 2nd day is May 29th. He has two merit badges to complete, but has nearly completed all of the requirements for them.
- Class of 2011- Roland Gomez is developing ideas for his Eagle Project. He has two merit badges to complete.
Trail to 1st Class
Terry Domae (not in attendance)
Susan Chung, Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca (not in attendance)
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, May 20, 2010.
- 2010 calendar is updated. If an email is sent to you, please respond ASAP so that information regarding outings can be posted in an efficient manner.
Medicals Chair Report
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults required if you are participating in a high adventure outing. Scouts medical forms are required for all outings. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be updated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check Medical Form Expiry link. See Uttara to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
Jeanne Cha (not in attendance) and Jovita Fuente
- Richard has put together a module on the Adult Training page for parents to view and Richard has posted LA/Orange County Links. Check them out and see all the available training going on along with online classes you can do in a short time to become certificated in various areas. (BSA E-learning Center)
- Wilderness Training and First Aid will be held Spring 2011 on the BSA website. A deposit of $25 and application needs to be submitted. Total cost is $210 (Date is not set, but will occur over 3 days-Fri, Sat and Sun).
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Whitsitt (2010)
- Summer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2010 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|March 20||Backpacking Trip - March 2010||Jeanne Cha and Christina Preciado||Spruce Grove||16 scouts and 7 adults attended, all reimbursements given and a surplus which will go into troop funds|
|April 3-8||Grand Canyon - April 2010||Andrew Chien||Grand Canyon||The crew consisted of 6 adults and 16 scouts. Training hikes truly paid off and made this trip a rewarding experience for all. It was an amazing priceless adventure that those who attended should be proud of. Congratulation! Grand Canyon Crew. Currently a surplus remains and almost all reimbursements have been given, Andrew will be closing this outing next month, so submit any requests for reimbursements that you have.|
|May 21-22||Camporee - May 2010||Jaime Banuelos and Asmath Noor||Whittier Narrows||50 scouts and 10 adults have signed up, 5 scouts have not paid the registration fee. If you are not attending, please let Jaime know we have other scouts who are interested in attending to take your place|
|June 19-20||Whitewater Rafting - June 2010||Jas Jahic and Ed Johnson||Lake Isabella||24 scouts and 4 adults attending. Swimming Merit Badge required. Three hours of rafting. Adult drivers needed. Will be arriving at 2:30 Saturday.|
|July 18-24||Summer Camp - July 2010||Christina Preciado||Camp Whitsitt||Next deposit of $100 due Monday 5/24/10. Two meetings have been set up to discuss information regarding summer camp details. The first one is Thursday 5/27/10 at Cerritos H.S in Room 704 and the 2nd one is at CPE (Newport C Room) on Tuesday-6/10/10. If you have not submitted your information request and merit badge choices please give them to Christina ASAP|
|July 31-Aug 7||Log Cabin - August 2010||Alok Sancheti||Yosemite Valley||15 scouts and 5 adults signed up. First training hike 6/5/10. Troop approved to pick up deficit of $8.20 per scout.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Claire is waiting follow-up decision by city regarding the fundraising booth. 5/24/10 is a dark night, but a mandatory parent meeting to sign-up for fundraising will be held that day.
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry
Next Committee Meeting: June 8th, 2009 at 7:00 PM @ 7PM, Carmenita Middle School.