Date: Tuesday, Mar 10th, 2015 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Minutes of Feb -2015 Meeting link:
Committee Chair – Chaired by Dennis Gorospe
- Acknowledge new parents in attendance
- Reserved Skyline Room for July, Aug & Sep Committee Meetings
- Frontier District moved MB Day to April 4 due to difficulty in finding MB Counselors. If any MB Counselor is interested in teaching on April 4, 2015, please contact Cathy Moreno (562-355-6658/moc.liamg|asboneromgc#moc.liamg|asboneromgc)
- Scoutmaster request to reserve Skyline Room on April 23, 2015 for selection of New Troop Leadership.
Scoutmaster – Dennis Gorospe
- Reported ongoing SM Conferences with scouts on a weekly basis with 4 SM Conferences in February and 2 in March. Troop has been performing Flag Ceremonies in Cerritos City Council meetings including the Mayoral Transition on March 11.
Treasurer – Eliza Ma
- Financial Report on File
Quartermaster – Scott Kotake
- Will order new poles for upcoming camporee
- Bin clean-up on March 27, 2015 - will check with troop QM and SPL
Registration – not present
- Accepting payment for new scouts and parents
Eagle Guide – Ashok Chauhan
- Prithvi & Gerardo received National Confirmation
- Benjamin & Alan will go to District Character Board on 3/12/15
- Isaac S completed Eagle project
- Samuel C completed one of two days of Eagle project. Next is on 3/14/15
- Thisara is preparing to present project for Committee approval
- Eagle project planning phase: Siddarth
- Eagle project preliminary meetings: Victor P, Dylan, Manav
- Pre-Eagle BOR: Edward K; Chris G
Trail to First Class – Charles Cho
- Totin Chit and Fireman Chit will be done in Camporee
Advancement – Joseph Antonio
- February Board of Review
• Manav – Life Scout
• Thomas – 2nd Class
• Willian W– 2nd Class
• Thisara – Pre- Eagle
• Edward K – Pre- Eagle
- March Board of Review
• Willian W – 1st Class
• Michael R – 2nd Class
Webmaster – not present
- SM informed new parents of google groups and email of troop website admin.
Medical Chair - not present
- SM reminded parents that medical forms must be signed by a physician for all outing participants.
Community Service - Henry Lee
- Compton Initiative scheduled for Saturday, April 18, 2015.
One of the new parents has attended this event in the past and is familiar with it.
Training Chair - not present
- Scout Leader Specific Training - Mar 28
- Outdoor Leader Skills Training - April 11 & 12
- Wilderness First Aid & CPR - Mar 28
Presented by SM and discussed. Explained to new parents that they will be reimbursed by the troop if they attend BSA related training courses.
Outing Chair – not present
- SM reported re survey hike to Switzer Falls and Mt.Lowe campsites
February 2015: Snow Outing - not present
- Final Report Attached
- Shortage due to fixed amount of the lodge and lower number of scouts participation
February 2015: Green and Gold - not present
Will review at next Committee meeting to calculate final donation to FOS
March 2015: Backpacking – Daniel Park
Meal planning will be on 3/16/15. Troop and Philmont crews will travel and buy food separately since Philmont is doing a longer route. Philmont crew members have already paid for the cost of training hikes ( food, gas, etc.).
Registration closed as of 3/9/15
Will disqualify those without current medical forms
Departure time: 6:30 am
April 2015: Kayaking – D. Gorospe
Presented. Itinerary and budget presented to committee. 10 scouts and 4 adults. Day 1 will tour Hoover Dam. Day 2 will canoe down Black Canyon. Day 3 exit Willow Beach and return home.
May 2015: Camporee - not present
Presented and showed flyer. Registration deadline presented to avoid fee increase. Theme of Camporee is "Then and Now."
May 2015: Whitewater Rafting – Scott Kotake
Presented. Committee approves to allow Mr. Kotake, outing coordinator, to cancel the outing due to low water levels in Kern River. Ocean Kayaking may replace White water rafting. Suggestion was made to discuss this possibility with the SPL.
June 2015: Flag Day – Glenn Nishibayashi
Presented by Mr. Nishibayashi explaining the plan for the event.
June 2015: Century Ride – Ashok Chauhan
Small # of Older Scouts Participation (cancel?)
Committee decided to reduce the mileage to two 50 miles rides. Scouts who wish to do a century ride will be supported by the parents. The thought was that we have enough parents who are capable of riding 100 miles to be able to support even 1 scout.
July 2015: Summer Camp – Chandy Gunawardhana
Limited # of Adults Spots vs Interested Adults
Item discussed and will allow prospective interested parents to attend the Summer Camp planning meeting. Committee, by Chandy's recommendation, decided to allow the 3 interested parents to discuss amongst themselves to see who will attend. Considered reserving a spot for each of the incoming Cub Scout pack parents of P529 and P673, or one new parent. One P529 parent is already committed.
July 2015 - Philmont
Presented and explained training hike will be mandatory to all participants.
Next Committee Meeting: TUESDAY, April 14 , 2015 @ 7 PM – Carmenita School