ASM Meeting: N/A
Where: Carmenita Middle School
When: March, 10, 2009
Time: 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Chad T Hoang
Table of Contents
Eagle Scout Presentation
- Commitee approved Leo Kim Eagle Project - April 2009 for 4/04/09. Details will be given during troop meeting.
- Welcome to all the new parent who joined T693.
- Scoutmaster Conference - A couple Scoutmaster Conferences for 2nd class.
- Reallignment of patrols is currently in progress. Applications for leadership position are due: 3/23/09. NewTroop leadership (Green Bar) will begin 4/04/09.
Mi Kyong(not in attendance)
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
Bryan Johnson and Peter Prana
- 2 stoves and 1 convenience tent are currently in repair.
- An adventure forest parking pass with Brians name on it is missing as well. Please return any troop equipments ASAP so that the quartermaster can account for them.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- We have qualified to receive the quality unit patch 2009.
- EB and SL passed their Eagle Character Board. LK and JM have presented their eagle project and have been approved by the committee. A suggestion was made to encourage both LK and JM to show more leadership in the troop.
Trail to 1st Class
- Will follow up with LK and JM leadership roles in the troop.
Susan Chung , Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca (not in attendance)
- Board of Review scheduled for March 19, 2009. Contact Jill if you are able to sit in on a BOR.
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are complete and up to date.
- Alok has added a new printable version of calendar.
- He has also suggested for troop to use the comment section for each troop activity in order to reduce the number of back and forth email between troop parents.
- When posting pictures on the website, please “crop” them (make them smaller) so they don’t use as much memory on the website.
- Alok is willing to train adults to post information for events and outings themselves.
- Also send any updated info to Alok which you would like to see on Calendar.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Concern with BH attendance in troop.
Jeanne Cha (not in attendance) and Jovita Fuente (not in attendance)
- Farming service project has been set back, due to only one field being used. Jeanne is contacting the organization each month to see when the next available opening for us to help will be.
- Community Service Project - April 2009 for a food center in Santa Ana is looking for help to serve food on April 11th and the 18th, however only 10 boys are needed at a time. Currently taking sign ups at troop meeting or via emai.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne Cha know so that she can look into it.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Cherry Valley (2009)
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|February 13||Green and Gold - February 2009||Elizabeth Banuelos and Maria Gomez||Great Job to all those who helped out with this ceremony. The Taquero was a big hit and the pan dulce was a yummy treat. Thanks to all who attended and to those donations that were given for the raffle and silent auction.|
|February 27-March 1||Snow Trip - February 2009||Andrew Chien||Andrew did a great job in organizing the trip. Expenditure report on file.|
|March 16||Adult Orientation||Peter Prana||1st Session will be held Monday. Four sessions will be coordinated through out the month of March and April|
|March 21||Backpacking Trip - March 2009||Victor Hsiang||Spruce Grove will be our next backpacking trip (10 miles). Encourage scouts to participate, because only 8 scouts are currently signed up. From the Philmont crew 10 boys will be attending|
|March 28||Training Bike Rides - 2009||Alok Sancheti||30 mile bike ride (Liberty Park to Whittier Narrows Nature Center Roundtrip).|
|April 24-26||Camporee - April 2009||Terri Domae and Jeanne Cha||Convenience Camping setup. Theme is "leave no trace". All scouts will be required to bring reusable utensils. Troop will be asked setup a wash location and trash cans with a separate recycle bin.|
|May 2||Merit Badge Day||TBA||Must contact counselor and come prepared with requirements prior to merit badge day.|
|May 29||Eagle Court of Honor - May 2009||Austin Chang, Andrew Park, and Justing Wang||CPE 7 PM|
|May 30-31||Mountain Biking - May 2009||Peter Prana||Bear Mountain. Propoal # 1 approved by committee which was a charge of $70 per scout and $33.00 per adult. This include Bike rental and lift ticket.|
|June 21- 27||Summer Camp - June 2009||Maria Gomez||2nd payment already submitted. More specific details will be given at a later date.|
|July 11-17 or Aug 22-28||Long Term Bike Ride - July 2009||Alok Sancheti||Detail on Calendar (Committee approved option 1). Check dates as well for the bike training schedule. Next one scheduled is for March 28, 2009|
|August 21-23||Surfing / Bonfire / Windsurfing Trip - August 2009||Chad Hoang||Leo Carrillo Beach. Details to come|
- TNT Fireworks-Location still uncertain. City has approved the fireworks booth, however Stater Bros owner cannot be found to agree on last years location.
- Ed Johnson is looking for those who are interested in attending Philmont 2010. Sign-up ASAP for spot reservation. Also Ed has ordered more bike tires if you are interested they are $25 a pair.
- Summer Camp 2009 (Cherry Valley)- Due to the overwhelming parent participation for this event a list of criteria was discussed and tabled for further discussion. Committee discussed to do a lottery based on Merit. Those adult on the list for summer camp will be given merits based on criteria to be discussed at the next meeting. Your probability of being chosen will be determined on how many merits you have. Further discussion at the next commitee meeting.
- ADHOC nominating committee will consist of Glenn, Maria, Maja and Christina. Currently no one has agreed to take on the postion of Scoutmaster for 2009 troop year. It is a very rewarding expreience and ASM are ready to help out with the workload involved.
- Green and Gold - February 2009 raised $667 for Friends of Scouting.
Medical forms HAVE been updated