Date: March 11, 2008
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Peter Prana
Total present: 14
Table of Contents
- Scout Master Conferences- 4 Tenderfoot, 1 2nd Class, 1 Eagle.
- We welcome all 8 New Scouts to Troop 693.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- A donation reimbursement for Joyson was given. Prayers go out to him and his family.
- No report, items are being returned in an orderly fashion.
- If you have any items from the backpacking trip (3/8/08-3/9/08) in your possession, please return them to Floyd immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear.
- Glenn suggested that ground cloths and tents be put together after each backpacking or camping activity so that each tent will have its own ground cloth at all times.
- 8 new scouts and parents are in the registration process for Troop 693.
- 1 Character Board scheduled for Board of Review for Eagle Scout. 1 Eagle Guidance.
- Glenn has a breakdown of the subsidy budget for activities and events schedule for this upcoming year.
- 2007 2008 Pro Forma Budget.xls for 2008 with outing subsidies was discussed and is available on file.
Trail to 1st Class
- 1 mile Orienteering Training - March 2008 scheduled for 3/15/08. Adult Volunteers begin at 11:30. Scouts begin about 12:00 PM. Checkout Flyer for assigned reading in preparation for event.
- Trail to 1st Class Meeting - February 2008 was a success. Suggestions and concerns were brought to Maha attention. She has been doing a great job on following up the progress of our 1st and 2nd year scouts. Any other suggestions or concerns let Maha know.
- Summer Camp - July 2008 is going to be at Los Valley this year on 7/13/08-7/19/08 and is only $170. Looking for parents and scouts to sign up.
- Many of Troop Forms are up and ready for printing.
- Email Alok any other Forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar-2007 or Calendar-2008
- Orientation Packets available for new scouts.
- Thank you Alok on a Great Job with the troop website. You have been very efficient on posting materials needed by our troop.
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- A OC Food Bank Community Project - March 2008 is scheduled for 3/29/08 at the Orange County Food Bank. Volunteers for sorting boxes in an assembly line is needed.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne know so that she can look into it.
- None reported
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- New Adult Orientation Meeting: 4 Sessions- 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, and 4/14
- Mileage reimbursement (adjustment to fuel cost and government guideline)-Committee motion approved to increase mileage reibursement from .14 per mile to .25 per mile.
- National Forest pass for the troop- A reimbursement will be given to Glenn for the 6 passes he purchases for this year. Committee approved that Troop 693 will cover this charge for upcoming years.
- Scout Spirit was discussed. Just a reminder to all the boys in the Troop that your attendance on activities is not enough, you must show participation of character, engagement with other, and be living the scout law/oath at all times. We must show growth in leadership skills and become role models for the younger scouts beginning their Trail to Eagle.
- Check out new Calendar - 2008 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
- March 15: 1 Mile Orienteering (Maha Sudras)- 18 scouts will be attending.
- March 29: OC Food Bank Community Project (Jeanne Cha)-Sign Up at the Modays scout meeting March 17 and 24. Check your email and troop website for any updates.
- April 18-20: Camporee - April 2008 (Jaime Banuelos) - No updates available. Next upcoming troop meeting will be used to prepare for Camporee.
- May 17-18: Fishing Trip - May 2008 (Floyd Wilson) - Reserved 2 nights camping up in Victorville at Mohave Lake for 32 people.
- June 21-22: Surfing Trip - June 2008 (Brian Johnson) - Reservation have been made for San Onofre beach campsites.
- July 13-19: Summer Camp - July 2008 (Maria Gomez) -Scheduled date will be July 13-19 at Lost Valley (east of Temecula). Looking for parent volunteer.
- August 9-15: Long Term - Whitewater and Caving Trip - August 2008 (Carol Hojo)- 18 Scouts have signed up. Caving will be first, followed by White water rafting, repelling and zipline. Carol selected caverns with shade and availabe showers.The cost is $600.00 per scout but with the Troop subsidy of $100.00, the total cost will be $500.00 per scout.
- September 20-21: Saltwater Canoe/Kayak (Richard Gilliland)-16 mile Canoeing Trip. Mission Bay, San Diego.
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go.
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated: