Date: Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
View Meeting Agenda
Count of Attendees: 14
- Benjamin presented Eagle Project Proposal to build new shelves, storage cabinets and target stands for Archery Club in Long Beach Eldorado Park
o Committee approved
Committee Chair Reports
- Announced July and August Board Meeting to be held at Library Skyline Room
- Court of Honor at Shoshone Park on 8/25
- Negotiated with ABCUSD on the Facility Rate @ $3.75.
- Announced Santos Kadi as Chair for Adhoc Nominating Committee
- Ricky passed character BOR
- Remind scouts about wide brim hat, compass and whistle when going on hikes
- There is a council wide IJLT (junior leadership training) available at District.
- Financial Report on File.
- New purchases made: water filters and EZ ups.
- Scott proposed to buy lanterns & walkie-talkie to replace the old ones.
- Bin Clean up planned in the future
Registration Report (Cynthia Dang)
- Not in attendance
- Eric noted that new scouts will need to be assigned to patrols, 18-19 new scouts
- 72 registered scouts
- Board discussed in length and agreed no new scouts until next enrollment period - TBD
Ashok Chauchan, Maha Sadras, Cristina Preciado
- Not present, but provided powerpoint lists of all scouts progressing and scheduling for BOR.
- Eagle Candidates in the pipeline for 2014: 2
- 2015-2016 – scouts in the pipeline for Eagle Projects: 14
Trail to 1st Class
Charles Cho (no report)
- awaiting to see the progress after Summer Camp – Pathfinder’s program.
Grace, Jeanne, Linda, Chandy, Glenn H.
- 3 Scouts are signed up for rank advancement in next BOR: (1 star, 1 tenderfoot and 1 first-class)
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- Not present
o Troop693@moc.elgoog|retsambew#moc.elgoog|retsambew, for any posting requests.
Medicals Chair Report
- All are updated; Schedule C are not always completed.
- Planning to have another Compton Initiative Day in September 2014
- Remind those who participates to complete the Journey to Excellence for Community Service Hours
|May 17||Sailing- May 2014||Dennis Huang, Jackie Lee, Terry Domae||Newport|
|June 20-22||Caving/Rapelling- June 2014||Santos Kade, Miki Cheng||Moaning Cavern Park||• Trip is ready to go.|
|July 13-19||Summer Camp- July 2014||Chandy Gunawardana||Forest Lawn Scout Reservation||• Ready for a great summer.• Thanks parent volunteers for driving and spending a week with the Scouts|
|July 26-Aug. 2||Log Cabin-2014||Frances Gorospe||Lee Vining, CA||• Planning for overnight training hike – welcome back alumni and Eagle Scout Victor Dang. Other alumni may join on this training hike.|