Date: Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 20
Eagle Project Proposal
- Byron Chen's, project was approved. His project is to build a compost bin for Neemes Elementary. This project will help to increase students' environmental awareness both inside and out of the school.
Committee Chair Report
- June meeting is the last meeting at Carmenita middle school. Summer meetings will be held in the library(Skyline Room)
- Next Committee meeting will be on July 15, Monday and the following meeting will be on Aug. 3rd, Tuesday.
- New scouts acceptance to the troop - one new scout request to join (14 yrs), and one request to transfer (Life Scout)
- Had 2 scoutmaster conferences. 1 Tenderfoot, 1 Life. 2 Eagle BOR
- Planning Camporee (Late July) - oversee Registration, chairperson - Eric, High land games (Themes), sports events
- ASJM - currently there are 3 Den Cheifs in troop 693 for Pack 529, bring in 3 for Pack 673
- Balance on File
- Convenience Camp Tent (8) came in.
- Invest in 2 Dutch ovens and chimney hook to lift lid.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- 2 Eagle BORs.
- 2 Eagle projects coming up.
- 1 scout getting ready for pre eagle
- 3 scouts looking into their eagle projects.
Trail to 1st Class
- Swimming Merit Badge at CPE on 6/16 (Sunday).
- Tenderfoot Fitness moved to 6/13 (Thursday).
Melody, Grace, Chandy, [Jeanne, Uttara (not in attendance)]
- May: 2 TF / 1 First Class / 1 Life / 1 Troop Eagle
- Scheduled in June: 1 request for Life
Medicals Chair Report
- Updates are posted on web.
- looking for October Backpacking Trip co-ordinator.
- Backpacking for new scouts should be easy. Suggested Cedor Glenn
|Apr 12-14||Camporee - 2013||Minchi Cheng, Sharon Wang, Cynthia Dang||Firestone||34 scouts + 8 adults went. 6 scouts and 6 adults joined from Pack 529 and Pack 673. Outing went well.|
|May 17-18||Whitewater Rafting - 2013||Vildana Jahic, Phil Working||Kern River||Went well. Safe return. DVD (Victor)|
|Jun 1-2||Field Sports - 2013||Chad Hoang||Forest Lawn||7 adults/ 22 scouts. Rifle/Shotgun MB classes during day time. Night time Rock/Paper/Scissors, skit competitions(Poetry, Rapping)|
|Jun 23- Jul 5||Hawaii Long Term - 2013||Frances Gorospe||Hawaii||All ready to go, leave LAX at 6:00 AM. T-Shirts are out. Host - Aloha council|
|Jul 7- Jul 13||Summer Camp - 2013||Scott Kotake, Chandy Gunawardhana||Cherry Valley, Catalina||Merit Badges - choose 3 to begin, can add more over there. Afternoon will be free time. There will be a class for Trail to 1st Class. $15 for t-shirt.|
|Jul 30 - Aug 15||Philmont - 2013||Uttara Kelkar, Santos Kadi||Philmont||crew went on 2 night (San Gorgonio) training hike. Team Building exercises|
|Aug 24- Aug 25||Fishing - 2013||Glenn Hiu, Dennis Huang||Planning for 20 scouts + 4 adults. $20 per scout + license if you are 14+. Information on website|
|Sep 24||Beach Outing - 2013||Jackie Lee, Chandy G., Jeanne Cha||San Diego Mission Bay||Wind surfing/ Paddle Boarding - $ 80 - 85. Per scout $25. Estimate 15 scouts and 5 adults|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- **Formation Nomination Committee by Aug COH (Frances, Grace )
- 6/24 and 7/1 need ASM
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps:
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry