Table of Contents
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Peter Prana
Total present: 35
- New Adult Leadership (Online Course)
- Eric Stiegler- New Adult Training
- Scoutmaster Conference- None reported.
- Some Board of Review Scheduled for 07/24/08.
- Flag Ceremony scheduled for 07/10/08 at the Cerritos City Hall 6:45 - 7:15.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Items are being returned in an orderly fashion.
- If you have any items from the Camporee Trip - April 2008 in your possession, please return them to Floyd immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear.
- All 8 new scouts and parents registration for Troop 693 are completed. Most of the scouts have updated cards. See William Chen if you have not received them yet.
- The Quality Centenial Unit patch will be picked up and distributed soon.
- Glenn has a breakdown of the subsidy budget for activities and events schedule for this upcoming year.
- 2007 2008 Pro Forma Budget.xls for 2008 with outing subsidies was discussed and is available on file.
Trail to 1st Class
- Swimming merit badge advancement was completed. 6 scouts attended.
- New Scouts are currently getting sign offs during scheduled meetings for tenderfoot.
- Fitness Requirement Rank advancement will be held at Sunshine Park on 07/21/08.
Maria Gomez, Susan, Nancy
- Summer Camp - July 2008 is going to be at Los Valley this year on 7/13/08-7/19/08.
- Database has been updated, be sure you read new requirements for first and second class.
- Scouts who are attending summer camp, be sure you have most current edition of Merit Badge book. Raul the scout librarian is in the process of updating material in our scout library. He will keep an update list of counselors on file as well.
- Eric Aune is checking on the merit badge counselor of the Citizenship of the world.
- If you are interested in becoming a Merit badge counselor, there is a online process noting what qualifications are required.
- Website Orientation on usage of the troop website available.
- Many of Troop Forms are up and ready for printing.
- Email Alok any other Forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity. Alok is willing to train adults to post information for events and outings themselves.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar-2008
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Adult planning Checklist will be updated soon.
- Thanks to all who participated in the Hughes Memorial Flag Ceremony.
- Thank you to the 15 scouts and parents that participated in the Special Olympics Project - June 2008.
- Next service project is at Second Harvest Farming in Irvine. Approximately 30 volunteers are needed.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne Cha know so that she can look into it.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2008 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|Jun 21-22||Surfing Trip - June 2008||Brian Johnson||(Reservation have been made for San Onofre beach campsites. Currently 20 boys are signed up. Five spots left. 7 adults will be going.)|
|June 30- July 4||Anuual Fund Raiser Event||Anyi Chang||(No updates available)|
|Jun 23||Madatory 2nd Summer Camp Meeting. Scout handbook and all forms need to be filled out and turned in that day||Maria Gomez||@ CPE (7:00 PM)|
|Jul 13-19||Summer Camp - July 2008||Maria Gomez||(40 scouts and 6 parents will be attending. Additional drivers needed. A climbing instructor course will be available for adults at summer camp.)|
|August 10-16||Whitewater And Caving Trip - August 2008||Carol Hojo||(14 boys and 3 adults attending. Additional adults interested will be exempt from activity fees. Compensation to be determined at next committee meeting.)|
|Sept 6||Planning Meeting - 2008||Eric Aune||(Picnic at the park)|
|Sept 12-14||Saltwater Canoe / Kayak Trip, Mission Bay, San Diego (Fiesta Island) - September 2008||Richard Gilliland||(35 spots for attendance of this activity. Approximately $ 22.00 per scout. 15 Cayaks, 20 Canoes and 2 motorboats. Scouts can receive the old salty rat award too.)|
|Sept 15||Mandatory Parent Meeting - 2008||Committee Chair|
|Oct 11-12||Rock Climbing - October 2008||Jay Shin||Website has been updated with latest info|
|Nov 1, 8||Scouting for Food - November 2008||??|
|Nov 15-16||Backpacking Trip - November 2008||Michael Chern|
- Canoe Trip - January 2008 refund request (Terrie). $13.00 Dinner Refund. Full reimbursement is given only if requested and if committee approves it. Committee will discuss partial reimbursements at the next committee meeting.
- Ad Hoc Committee for leadership nomination will be added and voted on. (Maha).
- Adult Backpacking Trip - July 2008 Training session June 28 at Glenns house from 9-1. (Glenn/Larry)
- Adult Backpacking Trip - July 2008 Overnight Adult backpacking trip July 26 and 27th. Sign up with Glenn or Larry.
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go.
- Troop Rank Advancement- Scout Spirit was discussed. Just a reminder to all the boys in the Troop that your attendance on activities is not enough, you must show participation of character, engagement with other, and be living the scout law/oath at all times. We must show growth in leadership skills and become role models for the younger scouts beginning their Trail to Eagle. ONLINE EXAMPLES REGARDING SCOUT SPIRIT can be found at Scoutmaster Conference AND AT EACH OF THE RANK PAGES. SCOUTS NEED TO TAKE TIME TO READ OVER THEM. Active Unit involvement will be discussed further in the next committee meeting.
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated:
|Scout-Patrick De La Fuente||06/20/2008|
Committee Chair: Peter Prana
Scoutmaster: Eric Aune
Treasurer: Mi Kyong
Quartermaster: Floyd Wilson
Registration: William Chen
Eagle Guide: Glenn Nishibayashi
Trail to 1st Class: Maha Sadras
Advancement: Maria Gomez, Susan, Nancy
Webmaster: Alok Sancheti (Scout session on web orientation?)
Event/Outing: Sang Park
Community Relation: Jeanne Cha
|Jun 21-22||Surfing Trip - June 2008||Brian (update)|
|Jun 23||2nd Summer Camp Meeting||@ CPE (7:00 PM) Maria|
|Jul 13-19||Summer Camp - July 2008||Maria Gomez (update)|
|August 10-16||Whitewater And Caving Trip - August 2008||Carol Hojo (update)|
|Sept 20-21||Saltwater Canoe / Kayak Trip - September 2008||Richard Gilliland (update)|
|Sept 22||Mandatory Parent Meeting - 2008||Committee Chair|
|Oct 11-12||Rock Climbing - October 2008||Jay Shin|
|Nov 15-16||Backpacking Trip - November 2008||??|
- Canoe Trip - January 2008 refund request (Terrie)
- Update from Ad Hoc Committee for leadership nomination (Maha)
- Adult Backpacking Trip - July 2008 Training session (Glenn/Larry)
- Troop Rank Advancement (TJ)
Next Comittee Meeting: July 8, 2008 at 7:00 PM @ place TBD