Date: June 12, 2007
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Abraham Oh; Ed Johnson, Secretary
Total present: 26
Table of Contents
Eagle Project Proposals
- Ryan Kim: Church in Bellflower; scrape and re-paint equipment shed and children outdoor play area; proposed date: Sat, Jul 21; Committee approved
- Justin Wang: Long Beach Japanese Community Center; rehab surface and repaint kitchen and bathrooms; proposed date(s): Fri & Sat, Sept 15 & 16; Committee postponed approval pending Justin’s securing of approval by the Community Center and the SM and Committee Chair
- Austin Chang: Ross Middle School; build 12” high block wall round memorial rose garden; proposed date(s): Aug 17 & 18; Committee approved.
- Four SM conferences scheduled in the past month.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Details on file
- The new roster / database is updated with all of the new Scout information.
Mark Nagayama for Maha Sadras
- Very brief discussion about the new internal process for Life Scouts re: the path to Eagle.
- No report
- Virtually all equipment is in or accounted for.
- Total cost for all six patrol boxes was just under $800 (or ~$130/box). Special thanks again to Frank Filippone
Alok Sancheti, Michael Chern
- Very brief discussion as to what degree we should let anyone post to the site. We decided to stay conservative for the time being, and do so through Alok, or Michael.
- Event flyers for upcoming events and pictures from past events can be e-mailed to Michael at moc.396poort|retsambew#moc.396poort|retsambew
Glenn Nishibayashi for Abraham Oh
- Good support for the bone marrow registration drive for Joyson Szu
- Anyi & Mark have been working that alternative Long Term.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Participation at the ceremony at St. Mary’s Church
- The Nishibayashis and Nagayamas were there to help celebrate the church’s Centennial. The memorial garden that was substantially improved with Garrett’s Eagle project was blessed by the Bishop.
New internal process for Eagle Board of Review
- Process For Eagle Candidates Meeting - June 2007 to finalize new process for Life Scouts on June 14th.
Long Term Alternative Trip
- See Calendar
Donation from Experian
- Glenn Nishibayashi’s employer makes donations in recognition of volunteer work that Glenn performs for the Troop. He recently received a check for the Troop for $500. The question is how do we want to spend it. Earmark it for special purpose (e.g. Friends of Scouting? Philmont subsidy?) or just put it in the “general fund”?
- We’ve bought 50 more and are back in stock in all sizes, from Small to XXLarge. $5 each
Adult Leadership – 2007-2008
- See the proposed below for nominations. Nominations are still being accepted; we will vote / ratify at the Committee Meeting - July 2007.
- Still looking for bone marrow registrants. Joyson needs a bone marrow transplant.
- In the mean time the power of prayer and positive thinking should be directed toward Joyson and his family.
- All participants (Scouts and Adults) in High Adventure outings need a current medical form on file with the troop. The medical form can be obtained on the troop website or from Todd Shimoda at the Monday meetings. Upon completion of the form, please submit 2 copies (each of BOTH sides of the form) to Todd Shimoda.
- A decision was made to manage more strictly with regard to current medicals. Scouts without current physicals will not be allowed to participate in Troop activities, with the e
Adult Leadership Nominations
Following Adult Leadership nominations where proposed:
|Position / Role||Current||Proposed|
|2006 - 2007||2007 - 2008|
|Committee Chair||Abraham Oh||Abraham Oh|
|Committee Secretary||Ed Johnson||Christina Preciado|
|Committee Treasurer||Raj Parikh, Mikyung Choi||Mikyung Choi|
|Scoutmaster||Eric Auné||Eric Auné|
|Exec. Assistant SM||Peter Pranadjaja||Peter Pranadjaja|
|Assistant Scoutmaster||see list|
|Quartermaster||Floyd Wilson||Floyd Wilson|
|Adult Leader Training Chair||Eric Auné||Eric Stiegler|
|Advancement Chair||Maria Gomez, Susan Chung, Nancy Nagayama||Maria Gomez*, Susan Chung, Paul Matsushima|
|Fund Raising Chair||MiKyung Choi, Anyi Chang||MiKyung Choi*, Anyi Chang|
|Hospitality Chair||Bobbi Cusick||Hoa Nguyen|
|JLT Chair||SM & EASM||SM & EASM|
|Medicals Chair||Todd Shimoda||Todd Shimoda|
|Orientation Chair||Peter Pranadjaja||Peter Pranadjaja|
|Outings Chair||David Yi, Jaime Bañuelos||Sang Park|
|Trail to 1st Class Rank Adv Chair||Maha Sadras||Maha Sadras|
|Registration Chair||Mark Nagayama, William Chen||William Chen|
|Summer Camp Chair||Maria Gomez||Maria Gomez|
|Eagle Guide||Mark Nagayama||Glenn Nishibayashi|
|Recruiting Chair||Kathy Nishibayashi||Kathy Nishbayashi|
|Community Service Chair||Jeanne Cha|
|Den Chief Chair||Rey Cerda|
|Vikings Chair||Carol Hojo||TBN|
|Webmaster||Michael Chern||Alok Sancheti|
- Primary Coordinator