Date: Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Cerritos Library skyline room
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
View Meeting Agenda
Count of Attendees: 21
- Gerardo presented Eagle Project Proposal to build new shelves for Cerritos HS Marching Band and to organize equipment/instruments/clear clutter. In summary, 1) refurbish existing cabinets 2) build
larger shelves 3) reorganize music sheets. Needs 15-20 scouts, will have band members assisting.
o Dennis Huang – motion to approve
o Scott Kotake – 2nd the motion
o Committee approved
Committee Chair Reports
- Reservation for Court of Honor in August, Shoshone Park, is completed.
- Looking for Summer Camp, coming up.
- Financial Report on File. Presented net results for June. To transfer Experian funds, $2.5K.
- Need equipment clean-ups. Issue: adult tent was returned with mildew and permanent stain. Apparently, the responsible scout did not air out that tent.
- Suggestion - 1) show how to clean equipment (assign older scouts to demonstrate and partner with younger scouts) 2) designate by patrol
- Frances Gorospe suggested to have the tents cleaned right after outing, as long as it is not dark yet, to be administered by coordinators of the outing.
- Scott proposed to buy lanterns & walkie-talkie to replace the old ones.
Registration Report (Cynthia Dang)
- Not in attendance
- Eric noted that new scouts will need to be assigned to patrols, 18-19 new scouts
Ashok Chauchan, Maha Sadras, Cristina Preciado
(Christina reported, Ashok and Maha were not present)
- Approved Eagles
- 2012: 1
- 2013: 3
- 2014: 7
- National approval pending: 2
- Next Eagle Character Board – waiting: 2
- Completed Eagle Projects (June/July): 3
- Upcoming Eagle Project: 1
- Finalizing Eagle Project: 2
- Eagle Candidates in the pipeline for 2014: 2
- 2015-2016 – scouts in the pipeline for Eagle Projects: 14
Trail to 1st Class
Charles Cho (absent), Francis Gorospe (present)
- Swimming merit badge was completed on 7/3/14, completed worksheet and new scouts were instructed on CPR during Monday’s Troop Meeting on 7/7/14.
Grace, Jeanne, Linda, Chandy, Glenn H.
Jean Cha reported.
- Christina picked up permit for Shoshone Park, COH. Park is available for the Troop 5:00-10:00 PM. COH to begin at 6:00 PM.
- Completed BOR thru 7/7/14
o Tenderfoot: 2
o Star: 1
- Completed 7/24/14:
o Life: 1
o Star: 1
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- Not present
o Troop693@moc.elgoog|retsambew#moc.elgoog|retsambew, for any posting requests.
Medicals Chair Report
- All are updated
- Henry Lee will transition in for next term
- 2nd Harvest is coming up, to be coordinated by Henry Lee.
- CHOC Walk is also coming up.
New Adult Leadership Committee
- Motion by Santos to approve new committee members, as presented.
- Dennis Huang 2nd the motion.
- New Chair, Santos Kadi
|May 17||Sailing- May 2014||Dennis Huang, Jackie Lee, Terry Domae||Newport||- Scouts enjoyed the outing, visited by Dennis-bike ride.|
|June 20-22||Caving/Rapelling- June 2014||Santos Kade, Miki Cheng||Moaning Cavern Park||Great experiences for the scouts, adults. Actuals came out to be almost break-even, compared to budget.|
|July 13-19||Summer Camp- July 2014||Chandy Gunawardana||Forest Lawn Scout Reservation||Proposed next summer camp to be Cherry Valley, 2015. Proposed to create sub-committee.|
|July 26-Aug. 2||Log Cabin-2014||Frances Gorospe||Lee Vining, CA||Completed overnight training hike - Victor Dang, Brian Hsiang - Eagle Scouts who graduated, participated/led separate patrols.|
|Sep 13-14||Beach Outing- Sep 2014|