Date: Tuesday, July 15th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 25
Eagle Project Proposal
- Prithvi Chauhan's, project was approved. His project is to collect shoes and send them to the needy and poor through a company "Soles-4Souls".
- Ian Reyes's project was approved. His project is to put block stone pavement for a church.
Committee Chair Report
- Next meeting is on August 20th, as the crew will be out to Philmont.
- Thanks to all the adults and scoutmaster for spending 2 weeks (3 for scoutmaster) with the scouts in Hawaii and summer camp.
- Had a good summer camp, Cherry Valley's"Troop Friend" program was good.
- 20 scouts had gone to summer camp.
- It is important that the scouts checkout with the person in-charge for an activity / outing, before leaving.
- No scoutmaster conferences to report.
- Balance on File
- 50 more Troop Green t-shirts have been purchased at $5.
- 2 backpack weighing scales have been purchased.
- Zypher tent is on sale at scoutsdirect for $75, let QM know if you want to buy one.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- Working with 1 scout on eagle project review.
Trail to 1st Class
- All have completed the Tenderfoot fitness requirement.
- Map & Compass will be scheduled in August
- All new scouts have completed swimming merit badge.
- Check with scoutmaster to get sign-off on your trail to 1st class requirement.
Melody, Grace, Chandy, [Jeanne, Uttara (not in attendance)]
- 1 pre-eagle, 2 first class were held.
MinChi Cheng (not in attendance)
Medicals Chair Report
Jay Shin (not in attendance)
Jay Chiang (not in attendance)
|Jun 1-2||Field Sports - 2013||Chad Hoang||Forest Lawn||Final report was submitted|
|Jun 23- Jul 5||Hawaii Long Term - 2013||Frances Gorospe||Hawaii||Had a good time there. Got Hawaiian Award. Went to Volcano National Park. Raised the American Flag on Pearl Harbor on 4th of July.|
|Jun 29 - Jul 4||Annual Fundraising - 2013||V. Sripathi, C. Wei, S. Yoh, Mee Yi||Thanks to all the parents for volunteering. 2 parents did not show-up.|
|Jul 7- Jul 13||Summer Camp - 2013||Scott Kotake, Chandy Gunawardhana||Cherry Valley, Catalina||Scout earned lot of merit badges. 2 scouts completed scuba certification. 1 scout did ACE program. Scouts bonded well.|
|Jul 30 - Aug 15||Philmont - 2013||Uttara Kelkar, Santos Kadi||Philmont||All training hikes are complete. 16 scouts + 5 adults are going.|
|Aug 24-25||Fishing - 2013||Glenn Hiu, Dennis Huang||Silverado Lake||Planning to go to Silverado Lake|
|Sep 14-15||Beach Trip - 2013||Jackie Lee, Chandy G, Jeanne||Classes are confirmed. Will be doing Windsurfing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding|
|Oct 13||CHOC Walk - 2013||Jeanne Cha, Carl Wong||Mission Bay Aquatic Club in San Diego Mission Bay Park||Troop is registered. All are encouraged to participate.|
|Oct 19-20||Backpacking - October 2013||Carl Wong, Jay Chiang||Cedar Glenn||Thinking of going to Cedar Glenn.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- New Leadership: Committee approved the new adult leadership for 2013-2014. New leadership can be found at Adult Leadership.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps:
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry