Date: Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 - 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 21
Eagle Project Proposal
- Committee moved to approve Victor Peer's Eagle project proposal. Victor's project will benefit the preschool located in the New Life Community Church in Artesia. This will be a two day project. The project includes repainting the entire playhouse in the school play ground and install new parts that need replacement on door and windows of the playhouse.
Committee Chair Report
- City of Cerritos approached Troop to request for helping elderly house owners to maintain their yards. Troop needs to look into liability issues, tools required, tour plan and supervision.
- SM Conferences 1 - Star, 1 Eagle
Mi Kyong - Balance on File
- purchase 1 ductape $30
Cynthia Dang - (Not in Attendance)
- helping co-ordinators for September and October Events
- Glenn and Maha will hold a session in early September for the troop to bring light on the new Eagle proccess.
Trail to 1st Class
- Continuation of swimming MB will be held at Nishibayishi's residence.
Melody, Grace, Jeanne, Jovita
MinChi Cheng (not in attendance)
Medicals Chair Report
Uttara Kelkar (not in attendance)
Christina Preciado, Anjali Atkins
- Troop approved the proposed volunteering activity at the Rescue program in Long Beach. This might be a 2 - 3 hour activity to help with preparing and serving lunch. Scouts 14 & up can volunteer. 2 adult Volunteers are required. Anjali and Shalu attended the orientation.
Check out new Calendar - 2012 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|May 19 - 20||Whitewater Rafting-2012||Steve Lin, William Szu||Kernville||15 scouts and 7 adults went. ~$180 per scout; About 3 hrs drive to the site; For next year, a 3 day trip would be preffered as there are other activities like hiking that scouts can participate; Scouts need to follow 3-4-5 $ budget for meal planning|
|Jun 23-30||Long Term Bike Ride - 2012||Jay Chiang, Dennis Gorospe, Ed Johnson||Along the central CA coast||Lot of work and effort was put into this outing. Training started as early as October. Scouts did great. All scouts enjoyed this outing. Food was great. Great view. Scouts finished their requirements fr this MB, so please see Mr. Gorospe or Ed for sign off|
|Jun 29 - Jul 4||Annual Fundraising - 2012||Claire Peer||Artesia||Good year. We made very close to last year. Fundraising committee thanks all parents for their support. Special Thanks to Victor and Yi for helping out with closing every night. Troop is thankful to Claire and Jovita who have been organizing this fundraising event and making it successful for the past few years. Troop parents, please be advised that both Husband and Wife are expected to show up for volunteering when both parents sign up to volunteer in the same 4 hr-time slot as they will have to cover 8 hrs for each scout|
|Jul 15 - 20||Summer Camp - 2012||Frances Gorospe, Charles Cho||Camp Mataguay, San Diego||30 scouts signed up. 2 will be attending NYLT. Setting up trailer on Saturday|
|Aug 16-19||Zip Lining/Caving - 2012||Chad Hoang, Jay Chiang||Moaning Cavern Park||307 miles up North;~$165 per scout; 4 day event; 6 hr drive; 14 scouts signed up; 2 packages available - high adventure and young explorer; July 30th last day for sign ups.|
|Sept 22-23||Wind Surfing/Board Surfing - 2012||Eliza Ma, Sissy Yoh||Mission Bay Aquatic Center, San Diego||$65 for Sat-Sun 3hr Windsurfing and Surfing program includes all equipment and instruction.|
|Sept 29||Adult Potluck - 2012||Christina Preciado||Nishibayashi residence||Christina will be organinzing this event; This is a good event for parents of the troop to meet other parents|
|Oct 20||Bacpacking - 2012||Anjali Atkins, Vasantha Sripathi||TBD||Looking into sites in Palm Springs and Spruce Groove; Victor and Yi will co-ordinate training on backpacking for new scouts|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Formation of Nomination Committee - Chad, Andrew, Chandi, Jay
- scouts should follow 3-4-5 $ budget for meal planning
Long Term Outings Planned
- Camp Cherry Valley (2013)
- Hawaii (2013) — Start taking deposits; In order to achieve Hawaiin Award we must attend their summer camp
- Philmont (2013)
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry