Date: July 13, 2010 7:00PM
Location: Library Board Rooml
Chaired by: Christina Preciado
Total present: 14
Table of Contents
Eagle Project Proposal
- Camporee and Whitewater rafting trip must return equipment.
- Two meetings for catapult for the last of August
- Scoutmaster Conference - 2 SMC scheduled
- Concerns brought up to committee regarding someone in advancement being available to handout or collect blue cards for merit badges, white cards for BOR's etc.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Just a reminder to adult coordinators that an outing template must be presented and approved by committee so that any refunds can be given.
- Committee approved that deadlines for expense reports to be submitted is no later than two committee meeting after an outing has ended so that the outing coordinator can prepare and submit report at a committee meeting in order to close budget.
Victor Hsiang(not in attendance)
- An email was sent out from victor regarding unreturned equipment from White water rafting. Please make sure you take care of returning gear on a timely manner. There are still two tent that were not tagged and are missing. Everyone needs to check there garages for them. All other tents have been tagged and many are still incomplete. Gordon was able to salvage the one tent that was damaged.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- New updated information: company name and policy numbers. Insurance information can also be found at Forms
- Joseph Moon - received BSA approval of his Eagle application so is now officially an Eagle Scout.
- Kendall Nishibayashi - Has submitted his Eagle application to District and is awaiting his Eagle Character Board - he turned 18 on Friday, July 9th.
- Tameem Breik - I continue to meet with Tameem on a bi-weekly basis. He has not been making much progress since turning Life. He still has not secured an Eagle Project.
- Justin Wiguna - Has completed requirements for Eagle and has requested a Troop Board of Review which is scheduled for Wed, July 28th, when he returns from China.
- Nitin Sadras and Victor Dang have requested their Pre-Eagle Project Boards of Review and Melody is working to schedule these.
Trail to 1st Class
- Scouts attended Bolsa Chica Wetland to fullfill 1st and 2nd class Native Plant and Animals requirements
Susan Chung, Melody Chang
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, July 15, 2010 and August 19, 2010
- 2010 calendar is updated. If an email is sent to you, please respond ASAP so that information regarding outings can be posted in an efficient manner.
Medicals Chair Report
Uttara Kelkar(not in attendance)
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults required if you are participating in a high adventure outing. Scouts medical forms are required for all outings. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be updated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check Medical Form Expiry link. See Uttara to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
- When turning in updated medicals, you must have Part A, B, and C completed along with a copy (both sides) of your medical insurance card. Originals will not be accepted, you must bring two copies of the updated medicals.
Jeanne Cha (not in attendance) and Jovita Fuente
- Richard has put together a module on the Adult Training page for parents to view and Richard has posted LA/Orange County Links. Check them out and see all the available training going on along with online classes you can do in a short time to become certificated in various areas. (BSA E-learning Center)
- Wilderness Training and First Aid will be held Spring 2011 on the BSA website. A deposit of $25 and application needs to be submitted. Total cost is $210 (Date is not set, but will occur over 3 days-Fri, Sat and Sun).
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Whitsitt (2010)
- Summer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2010 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|May 21-22||Camporee - May 2010||Jaime Banuelos and Asmath Noor||Whittier Narrows||Outing has not been finalized, Chad and Alok will follow up with Jaime to get this done|
|June 19-20||Whitewater Rafting - June 2010||Jas Jahic and Ed Johnson||Lake Isabella||24 scouts and 5 adults attending. Trip went very well, all scouts and adults had a blast. Wrap up of this outing should be done at the Aug. committee meeting.|
|July 18-24||Summer Camp - July 2010||Christina Preciado||Camp Whitsitt||Collecting last minute forms and medicals in preparation for this outing. Thank you to all the adult volunteer who are helping drive and monitor scouts up at Camp Whitsett|
|July 31-Aug 7||Log Cabin - August 2010||Alok Sancheti||Yosemite Valley||15 scouts and 5 adults signed up. First training hike 6/5/10 took place in Cedar Glenn (7 scouts attended). Next Training hikes are 6/25-6/26 and 7/9-7/11. Check calendar for more details.|
|Sept 18||Windsurfing Trip - September 2010||Terri Domae||Alamitos Bay||12 scouts have signed up. Maximum of 8 scouts per day. Approximately 2 hours of instruction. Looking into arranging a second day to accommodate more scouts who are interested. Cost is about $30. Glenn and his friend have volunteered to help in the training of scouts|
|Oct 14||Backpacking - October 2010||Richard Gilliland and Girish Kelkar||Cedar Glenn||Further information will be given at the next committee meeting|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Outing Planning meeting changed from 9/4/10 to 9/11/10. Adults will meet afterwards to calendar dates of outings.
- 8/2/10 troop meeting, 8/16/10 Maha is looking into maybe changing court of honor to Liberty Park. Shoshone Park will be charging a fee for usage.
- Nominating Committee presented T693 Slate of officers for 2010-2011. Maha will be sending this out to the troop via email. Please contact Alok, Christina, Santos, Victor if anyone has any objections or would like to be added to the slate. The slate of officers will be voted on at the August Committee meeting.
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry
Next Committee Meeting: August 10th, 2010 @ 7PM, Venue TBA.