Where: Liberty Park - Washington Room
When: Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Time : 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Chad T Hoang
Total present: 14
Table of Contents
Eagle Project Proposal
- JM project consisted of putting together 6 wooden planters for a special education room at Artesia H.S.. Planters will be made at Tetzlaff Middle School. Committee approved project however JM will work on the presentation aspects of the project. The projected dates are 9/12/09 or 9/19/09. Approximately 20 scouts will be needed.
- Will be organizing 3 meeting to help in his transition role as scoutmaster.
- Meeting with our former scout master (Eric), retired scout masters (Mark and Glenn) to gather some words of wisdom as well as see what they would like to remain with the troop as well as get advice to new ideas.
- Meeting with the ASM team to discuss their involvement/roles with the troop. How they can help in the decision process, brainstorm ideas to improve troop communication and collaboration for all.
- Meeting with the green bar to express expectation of scout leader and propose future troop goals.
- Chad will be putting together a powerpoint presentation of his vision of the troop. Will be arranged to be shown at a future troop meeting.
- Scoutmaster Conference - 2 Scoutmaster Conferences held (Pre-Board Review for Eagle (CG) and Life Class (VS), 2 BOR (First (TB) and Life Class (VS))
- Cherry Valley Summer Camp overall was a success. Total of 128 merit badges were earned, 27 of them were eagle. 11 partials given. Accomodations were "Luxurious" in the words of one of the scouts. Many new and exciting activities. Our troop earned the camp honor award and our troop received many compliments on their flag ceremony. Our troop was also known to be very well prepared and actively involved at all times. Next summer camp is Whitsett, then Emerald Bay and maybe following Holcomb Valley.
- Troop meeting are now at Sunshine Park as of 7/6/09 for Summer Break. Green Bar is working on a Scavenger Hunt activities during that time.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Discussion regarding the subsidy of outings. Looks like our surplus goal has been met so we will need to be careful now on how much subsidy will be allowed in order to maintain a stable budget.
Bryan Johnson (not in attendance)
- No Updates.
- Philmont Crew is getting ready gear for their trip next week. Clair and Eric will set up a time to return items from summer camp and Firework Fundraising.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- No Updates.
- Working with JW and JM in their road to Eagle. Final BOR for CG this week.
Trail to 1st Class
Maja Sadras (not in attendance)
- No Updates.
Susan Chung (not in attendance), Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca (not in attendance)
- Next Board of Review scheduled for August 13th, 2009
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are complete and up to date.
Alok Sancheti (not in attendance)
- Summer Camp photos uploaded by LC.
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be udated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check below for soon to be expired medicals. See Victor Hsiang to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
Jeanne Cha and Jovita Fuente (not in attendance)
- No Updates.
- No Updates.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- JM Eagle Project in September.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|May 30-31||Mountain Biking - May 2009||Peter Prana||Bear Mountain.||Scouts and parents had a great time. A few injuries. Troop first aid kit was put to great use. Extra Cost were given due to repairs on bikes. Committee approved the charge of $65 for the damage of a bike to be paid by one of our scouts. Next bike outing, scouts will be made aware of the additional cost that may be imposed in this type of activity.|
|June 21- 27||Summer Camp - June 2009||Maria Gomez||Catalina||Adults attending are Eric Aune, Chad Hoang, Maria Gomez, Girish Kelkar (New Parent), Christina Preciado. We all had a great time. Definitely a camp to go to in the future.|
|July 4th||Fundraising - 2009||Claire Peer and Mikyong Choi||Stater Bros Parking Lot||Fireworks Fundraising did very well this year. The Credit/Debit machine helped out quite a bit. Thank You to Claire, Mi Kyong and Mee Yi for their time toward organizing, setting up and running around for this event.|
|July 9th||Flag Ceremony||Eric Aune||Cerritos City Hall||Arrive at 6:45 PM|
|Aug 22-28||Long Term Bike Ride - August 2009||Alok Sancheti||Detail on Calendar||(Committee approved to go in August : 9 scouts/ 7 adult). Last training bike ride is Saturday, July 11th, come prepared to ride. This is a mandatory ride for those who are going to Long Term.|
|August 21-23||Surfing / Bonfire / Windsurfing Trip - August 2009||Chad Hoang||Leo Carrillo Beach||Approximately 9 scouts signed up. Cost is between $30 - $35 per scout. $100 troop subsidy. Surfing Lessons with wet suit and board is available for a fee of $100.|
- Proposal of the suspension of a Troop waiting list was evaluated and discussed. Many adults provided feedback, suggestions as well as their personal perspectives regarding the proposal. A decision was made and committee approved to open invitation twice a year (once in March and the other in September) to those interested in joining T693. It will be on a first come first serve basis. A waiting list will still be set in place, depending on the amount of interest taken. We will post the proposal as soon as possible for all of those who were not able to make the committee meeting. Thank you to all who reviewed and commented it.
Medical forms HAVE been updated
|Scout-Patrick De La Fuente||06/17/2009|
Next Comittee Meeting: August 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM @ Liberty Park - Washington Room.