Date: Tuesday, Jan 13th, 2015 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Minutes of December-2014 Meeting link:
Committee Chair: Santos Kadi
- 15 scouts will be joining our troop from Cub Scouts.
- Camporee is scheduled for May 1-3, 2015.
- Acknowledge Orientation Co-Chair – Joseph and Charles,- they will be putting together a program to welcome and provide information to the new parents/ scouts joining our troop in February.
Scoutmaster: Dennis Gorospe
- Busy with SM conferences and troop meetings agenda.
- Council is having backpacking training class on 2/27 – 3/1, Wilderness and First Aid is also available on 3/28-3/29. District Philmont Training is offer, as well.
- Artesia flag ceremony at Artesia City Hall on 2/9/15 at 7:00PM (no conflict with our troop meeting as it is on a holiday – ie., no troop meeting)
- Invited to P529 Blue & Gold on 2/6 to build a crossing bridge.
- Invited to P673 Blue & Gold on 3/4/15 to build a crossing bridge.
- Merit Badge Day – 3/14 and 5/9
Treasurer: Eliza Ma
- Financial Report on File.
Quartermaster: Scott Kotake
- Purchased troop flag for $99
- Request to purchase of brass Eagle that’s on top of flag ($40). Committee approves.
Registration: Jenny Song
- Troop Registration is completed.
Eagle Guide: Ashok Chauhan / Jeanne Cha
- Received National Confirmation of 5 Eagles Scouts from our Troop this past month.
Trail to 1st Class: Charles Cho
- Scheduling the 10 animals/10 plants requirements at El Doraado Park on Saturday at 9:00AM.
Advancement: Grace Lee, Joseph Antonio, Linda Phong, Greg Tecson
- Advancement team is busy with scouts request for Board of Review (BOR)
- Ordered 50 neckerchiefs and 693 patches.
- Proposed recycling the year pin as opportunity for cost savings.
Webmasters: Rajiv Argawal, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- No report
o moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT#moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT, for any posting requests.
Medical Chair: Glenn Hiu
- 4 scouts needs to update their medical records
Outing Chair: Jay Chiang
- No Grand Canyon for 2015 – permit application is a lottery system and T693 was not selected.
- Discuss possible kayaking trip during spring break.
- Discuss Northern Tier (BSA High Adventure Trip) in 2016
- SM suggests making a deposit for the trip and to secure a spot.
- Upcoming event includes: OC food bank in Garden Grove – 12-15 participants.
- Event to take place in April 2015.
- July 2015 – Compton Initiative
- Committee member raised concerns of overwhelming the scouts by having too many community service projects given other scouting activities on the calendar.
|2015||Philmont||Chad H.||Adult to meet and finalize travel arrangements. 2 open positions available. Training hikes are scheduled in March, May and June.|
|Dec 13, 2014||Holiday Party - 2014||Eliza Ma||Golfland||27 scouts signed up; dress in Class B, Pizza and drinks provided – Final and on budget|
|Jan 10-11, 2015||Cope And Ziplining - 2015||Hannah Lee, Dennis Huang||Scouts had a fun time at Irvine Ranch Community Center – activities include COPE and due to the rain had to skip ziplining. Dennis explained to the scouts the etymology of the term “raincheck”|
|Jan 31- Feb 2, 2015||snow-trip-2015||Sissy Yoh, Charles Wei||registration is officially closed. 13 scouts, 5 siblings and 9 adults signed up. Leaving on a Friday, 1/30/15 at 3:00pm , returning on 2/1/15.|
|Feb 20, 2015||green-and-gold-2015||Serena Szu, Jin Yim, Jenny Song||Coordinator asking for donation. Plan to work with parents on the donation. Budget proposal for this event is $10 per person. Raffle tickets will be on sale at $10 for 12 tickets. Announced one of the prize will be a 1 year subscription of DirecTv.|
|Jul 5-11, 2015||summer-camp-2015||Art Chang, Henry Lee, Chandy Gunawardana||Cherry Valley, Catalina Island.||Discuss number of adults to attend Cherry Valley. Costs is $525 per scouts.|
|Mar, 2015||march-backpacking-2015||Planning phase with budget at $20 per scouts, surveyed Bear Canyon, Switzer Falls and planned on another survey hike before final decision.|
|June 14, 2015||Flag Retirement Ceremony 2015||Glenn N.||Heritage Park||The retirement of the flag ceremony is scheduled on June 14, 2015 at Heritage Park. An estimate of 100 flags are to be retired. Invitation will be extended to the many civic organizations in Cerritos (Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and local Boy Scouts troop) to participate in the activity.|
|Jul, 2015||Century Ride Outing-2015||Outing coordinator planned for short 10-15 miles trip and progress on up to 20-25 miles in preparation for the century ride outing in July 2015.|
Next Committee Meeting: TUESDAY, February 10 , 2015 @ 7 PM – CMSchool