Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
Total present: 21
Eagle Project Proposal
• Allen Lin and Lawrence Dang eagle projects were approved by the Committee.
• Summer Schedule for the Committee Meeting will be at Skyline Room at Cerritos Library.
• Looking to book Camp Liberty for the summer court of honor .
• Discussion on administrating Spring Camporee. Theme will be Highland Games with a handful of games to be tested before the event.
• Eric congratulates 5 scouts passing the Eagle District BOR in December 2013.
• Financial report on File
• Troop bought two dutch ovens (14”)
Registration Report (Cynthia Dang)
• No Report
Ashok Chauchan, Maha Sadras, Cristina Preciado
• Presented list of scouts that are currently working on their Eagle project and gave status of scouts in the class of 2014 and 2015.
• Committee Chair announced Alok Sancheti to be the next District Eagle Chair Advisor taking over for Glenn Nishibayashi.
Trail to 1st Class
• No report
Grace [Melody, Jeanne, Glenn H.]
• Green and Gold is coming up and working with Vildana in the preparation.
• Scouts are progressing and advancing in ranks.
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang(not in attendance)
• Committee Chair thanks the webmasters for doing a wonderful job.
• Monthly Newsletter produced by troop historian is added to our website
Medicals Chair Report
Santos Kadi– Completed updating medical forms with matching information on our website.
• no report
|TBD||Philmont - 2015||Chad Hoang||Philmont||Plan on having a kick-off meeting with the 2 crews and parents.|
|Feb 8-9||Snow Trip Outing- Feb 2014||Charles Wei||Big Bear||A few scouts need to sign online waiver form.|
|March 15-16||Backpacking trip- Mar. 15-16 2014||Andy Black||San Gabriel||Presented trip to troop for approval. It is a 5 miles one-way hike.|
|April 18-20||Camporee- April 2014||Eric and Troop693||Brea||Multiple games are scheduled includes geocaching. Prizes and awards were discussed.|
|May 17||Sailing-2014||Dennis Huang||Newport||Presented Trip to Committee for approval. Budget at $65 per scout.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
• Glenn N. presented a community service project opportunity for the troop. It is partnership program with the local church providing much needed assistance to the homeless. Depending on the support and commitment of the troop, this service project may be an ongoing collaboration with the church and possibly expanding it to other troops in Cerritos. Troop defers decision to our Community Service Chair in terms of scheduling and organizing future project.
Long Term Outings Planned
• Summer camps:
• 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
• 2015 - Kern Camp
• 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry