Date: Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 26
Committee Chair Report
- Will open the waiting list for the current 8 boys in the waiting list. Will invite them to attend the January 14th Regular Troop Meeting
- Had 8 scoutmaster conferences. All went well. 1 Tenderfoot, 1 Star and 3 Eagle Character Boards.
- Balance on File
Victor Hsiang (not in attendance)
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- Need to find if all adults registered have completed Youth Protection
- Next 3 Eagle projects are to paint rod iron fences
- Eric Aune's brother has volunteered to help scouts int their projects. He also has lot of construction equipment if scouts want to use it.
- Maha will coordinate with previous Eagle scouts who have not yet been given eagle charge.
Trail to 1st Class
- Majority of the first year scouts had completed the Map and Compass/Physical fitness for tenderfoot, however there are a few he is still working with who are still struggling.
Melody, [Grace, Chandy, Jeanne, Uttara (not in attendance)]
- BORs have been going well.
- This months advancements: 1 Tenderfoot, 1 Second Class, 1 Star, 1 Life, 1 Gold Eagle Palm
MinChi Cheng (not in attendance)
- Calendar - 2013 is available on the website
Medicals Chair Report
Jay Shin (not in attendance)
- All medical records expiration dates are posted on the troop website, check to see if your medicals have expired. There are many scouts and adults that need to be updated. Do not wait until an outing to get that medical record taken care of. Make it a point to renew the same time every year.
- There is meeting being organized for outings coordinators on December 17th.
|Oct 20||Backpacking - October 2012||Anjali Atkins, Vasantha Sripathi||San Jacinto||Most of the expenses have been reimbursed.
There is a policy to close all outings within 2 months of the outing.
|Nov 17-18||Rock Climbing - 2012||Jas Jahic||Joshua National Park||Went well. Scouts completed the requirements to earn the rock climbing merit badge.|
|Dec 15||Holiday Party - 2012||Quintin Sumabat||Laser Tag||33 scouts have signed up. Troop will pay for food cost.|
|Jan 12-31||COPE - 2013||Chad Hoang||Irvine Ranch||Minimum of 10 scouts are needed to go for the outing.|
|Jan 26-27||Snow Trip - 2013||Sissy Yoh , Cynthia Chen||Big Bear||Scouts will be reminded that high school finals immediately follow the outing. 26th is also the SAT date.|
|Feb 8||Green and Gold - 2013||Linda Phong, S. Youn, Su Y Kim, Sharon Xu||Skyline Room, Cerritos Library.||11 scouts have signed up so far.
6 raffle tickets will be sold for $5
|Apr 2-6||Grand Canyon - 2013||Vildana Jahic, Uttara Kelkar, Charles Cho||Grand Canyon||Will open the outing to scouts.
There was a discussion regarding trained adults for the outing.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Future Summer Camps: A sub-committee was formed to look at summer camps for next couple of years. Charles Cho, Eric Aune have agreed to be part of the committee. Will look at getting some more members.
- Committee approved $50 gift card for custodian
Long Term Outings Planned
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry