Click here to see COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
Date: January 11, 2010.
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School in the auditorium
Chaired by: Maha Sadras
Total present: 18
- The New Year is set before us like an unwritten volume- all its pages blank. Let us write upon each day's page things that at the end of the year we will look upon with rejoicing rather than regret. - Marla Fontaine
- A thank you gift over the holidays was given to Oscar the janitor at Carmenita. NS and VS presented it to him on behalf of Troop 693.
- Scoutmaster Conference - 0 SMC.
- A concern regarding a scout not meeting what is necessary for his path to Eagle. Committee suggested that the scoutmaster should close the loop and talk to both the scout and parent. Meeting was conducted and a resolution for the scout to pursue Eagle was given under the guidance of Glenn. He is aware of the his responsibilities and knows of his plan/schedule dates in order to move up in rank.
- 11 boys will be joining our Troop 693 from Pack 529. Thank you to all who made a impact on the pack.
- Pack 529 Blue and Gold is February 5, 2010. Those scouts who are not attending the ski trip are needed to help with the building of the bridge for cross over.
- A suggestion was made to wait until after the green and gold to start looking at our troop waiting lists for potential entering scouts.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- November Backpacking trip has still gear not turned in. There is 1 tent, 3 tarps, and 1 mini stove out. Victor suggest checking out troop equipment 1 week in advance to an activity and the use of the troop gear check list usage be inforced.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance
- Those who have signed up and paid for Philmont your checks will be deposited.
- Class of 2010 working on Eagle are JM,JW, TB, AW, KN and BC.
- Parent please encourage all older scouts to go on outings. Help them feel welcome and let them know that they are doing a great job as role models in our troop for the younger scouts.
Trail to 1st Class
- Sign off for rank requirements are being completed.
- Currently inquiring usage of Fire ring for requirement of lighting a fire and usage of camp stove can be completed. More information will be given once a date is set up.
- New added requirements will be paced into books and a meeting will be set up for those who have not met those requirement yet.
Susan Chung, Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca (not in attendance)
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, January 21th, 2010. Thank You to all the parent volunteers.
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are complete and up to date.
- Susan will purchase books, nankerchiefs and eplets for new scouts entering troop in March. Parent Orientations meetings will be set up by Richard.
- All blue cards and white slips for BOR need to be given to Susan Chung only unless otherwise told.
- Proposal to streamline the consistency of the BOR process has been under discussion. Report in regards to the 3 rank advancement responsibilities were sent out, along with the newTroop 693 BOR Form. The committee approved the New Rank Advancement Form, New White Slip Form and the New BOR Form.
- 2010 calendar is updated. If an email is sent to you, please respond ASAP so that information regarding outings can be posted in an efficient manner.
- Updated pictures for bike campling trip.
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be updated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check below for soon to be expired medicals. See Hoa to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
Jeanne Cha (not in attendance) and Jovita Fuente (not in attendance)
- No Report
- Jay has put together a module on the Adult Training page for parents to view and Richard has posted LA/Orange County Links. Check them out and see all the available training going on along with online classes you can do in a short time to become certificated in various areas.
- High Adventure training will be available in February. See page for more info.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|November 21||Backpacking - November 2009||Jay Shin||San Jacinto in Palm Springs||Was a successful outing. Still in the process of collecting reimbursements from those who attended.|
|December 12||Holiday Party - December 2009||Hoa Pham||Laser Tag||Holiday Party was a success. Everyone had a great time|
|January 31||Bike Camping - January 2010||Ashok Chauhan||El Dorado Park||27 miles going and 15 miles on the return. Further updates at the next committee meeting.|
|February 5||Snow Trip - February 2010||Hoa Pham||Big Bear||37 people signed up. Hoa is working on the reservation of the cabins rented to situate both families and scouts accordingly.|
|February 26||Green and Gold - February 2010||Maria Gomez||Library||Request to increase price from $5 to $7 was approved by committess. Food to be served will be lasana(vegi/meat), chicken fettucini, salad, garlic bread and a cookie.|
|March 20||Backpacking Trip - March 2010||Christina Preciado and Jeanne Cha||TBA||Tentative Spruce Grove Camp Site. Approximately cost will be $22 per scout. More information will be givent at the next troop meeting|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Summer Camp - July 2010 Camp Whitsett. Registration has been made for 37 people. Our requested date of July 18 -24 was confirmed. Cost approximation is $450. A deposit of $100 is due by January 25th, 2010 to reserve your spot. You can view information regarding Camp Whitsett at http://bsa-la.org/summer_camp_application.html
- Philmont - 2011 - Yeah to Alok for hitting the lotto and getting our troop two crews to attend Philmont. Must be 14 years or older as of January 2011 to be able to go. First payment of $100 was made and deposited.
- Grand Canyon - April 2010- In preparation of this trip their has been training every Wednesday at the Town Center Parking structure across the street from TGIF at 7 pm. Along with these their will be a day hike on January 16th, an overnight hike on February 20th, a day hike on March 6th and an overnight hike on March 20th. Get prepared and ready scout for an experience of a life time.
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry
Next Comittee Meeting: February 9th, 2009 at 7:00 PM @ 7PM, Carmenita Middle School.