Date: January 8, 2008
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Peter Prana
Total present: 17
Table of Contents
- 3 SM conference scheduled in the past month -3 Eagle Scout).
- Currently their are 7 weebelos joining Troop 693,7 joining Troop 72 and 6 undecided for this coming year.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- No report, items are being returned in an orderly fashion as a matter of fact 1 tent was returned.
- If you have any items in your possession, please return them to Floyd immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear.
- No report, item
- 2 Character Reviews, 1 Project Board or Reviews, 1 Board of Review for Eagle Scout.
- Glenn has a breakdown of the subsidy budget for activities and events schedule for this upcoming year.
- 2007 2008 Pro Forma Budget.xls for 2008 with outing subsidies was discussed and is available on file.
Trail to 1st Class
- Preparing for a 1 mile Orienteering Training - January 2008 on 1/27/07. Volunteers are needed. It will begin about 12:00 PM. Checkout Flyer for assigned reading in preparation for event.
- 3 Board of Review for Tenderfoot, for January 1/17/07, next BOR .
- Many of Troop Forms are up and ready for printing.
- Email Alok any other Forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar-2007 or Calendar-2008
- The use of Library facilities started this month. We are allowed 1 day a month to use for what ever we as a troop may need. Discussion of maybe using it for Board of Review.
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- A concerned regarding security minority protection was brought to the boards attention due to a list that was distributed on 1/07/08 with scout information. William will work on creating a list with only information that the scout will need. If any questions regarding scout information inquire through William for he has a complete update on file.
- Anyi was looking for someone to take over as Fundrasing Coordinator with Mi Kyong. Thank you Claire Peer for volunteering.
- Check out new Calendar for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
- Glenn is inquiring ideas for Experian Donations. Committee decided to have the Fantastic Four (Quarter Master, Committe Chair, Scout Master and Eagle Guide) prepare a list of recommendations. Also Glenn inquired that 9 people are now on T-693 waiting list for this upcoming year.
- Jan. 19-21: Canoe Trip - January 2008 (Terri Botello)
- The cost is $120.00 per person but with the Troop subsidy of $30.00, the total cost will be $90.00 per scout.
- The cost (food, etc.) for adults will be free; they will only be required to pay for the cost of canoeing at $38.11.
- Feb. 1-3: Snow Trip - February 2008 (Claire Peer) - Checkout Flyer for details. Sign Up and Pay ASAP.
- Committee approved the option for a two day trip (saturday and sunday) with the option for some scouts to leave sunday morning or stay to ski.
- A $50 subsidy will be applied for scouts. Immediate family will have to pay the full cost.
- Feb 8: Green and Gold - February 2008 - TJ and Swanny.
- Mar. 8-9: Backpacking Trip - March 2008 (Howard) - Proposed site: "Valley Forge"
- April 18-20: Camporee - April 2008 (Jaime Banuelos)- No updates available.
- May 17-18: Fishing Trip - May 2008 (Floyd Wilson)- Reserved 2 nights camping up in Victorville at Mohave Lake for 30 people.
- June 21-22: Surfing Trip - June 2008 (Brian Johnson)- Reservation updates unknown, but looking into San Onofre beach campsites.
- July 13-19: Summer Camp - July 2008 (Maria Gomez)-Scheduled date will be July 13-19 at Lost Valley (east of Temecula). Eric Aune secured a 20% discount for the troop, cost will be $250-$255.
- August 9-15: Long Term - Whitewater and Caving Trip - August 2008 (Carol Hojo)- 13 Scouts have signed up
- Caving will be first (8/10-8/11)
- White water rafting, repelling and zipline will follow.
- Carol selected caverns with shade and availabe showers.
- The cost is $600.00 per scout but with the Troop subsidy of $100.00, the total cost will be $500.00 per scout.
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go. Forms and Deposits need to be made as soon as possible.
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated: