Date: February 9, 2010 7:00PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Maha Sadras
Total present: 25
Table of Contents
- Pack 529 Blue and Gold Event went very well. Thank you to all the scouts/parents who volunteered to help with the planning of this event. OA presentation nicely done by Eric Aune.
- ASM Team approved to allow 6 new scouts from the waiting list into T693.
- Scoutmaster Conference - 0 SMC.
- AW character board was 2/11/10.
- Next Troop meeting 3/1/10 planning to have cheerleaders present spirit talk/cheers to scouts in hopes to improve troop spirit.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Canoe Trip Refund will remain in the troop balance.
- Fishing Trip Refund of $90.00 approved.
- Just a reminder to adult coordinators that an outing template must be presented and approved by committee so that any refunds can be given.
- Suggestion was made to set deadline for expense reports to be submitted no later than two month after an outing has ended so that the outing coordinator can prepare and submit report at a committee meeting.
- November Backpacking Trip- missing 1 tarp and a lantel.
- Bike Trip- missing 1 tarp and a table
- Victor will be purchasing zippers of cost $39.75 to repair tents. Fadia has volunteered to sew the zippers for us. Victor is also looking into purchasing and replacing 5 tent poles.
- Victor suggest checking out troop equipment 1 week in advance to an activity and the use of the troop gear check list usage be enforced.
- Dropped off Adult/Youth Application for new scouts.
- Those who have signed up and paid for Philmont, deposit has been made.
- Class of 2010 working on Eagle are JM (Working on submitting paper work),JW, TB (working smoothly and consistently on rank requirements), AW (Eagle Character Board 2/11/10), KN and BC (decision not to continue with Eagle rank).
- Parent please encourage all older scouts to go on outings. Help them feel welcome and let them know that they are doing a great job as role models in our troop for the younger scouts.
Trail to 1st Class
- Sign off for rank requirements are being completed.
- 11 new scouts will be working on tenderfoot, 2nd class and 1st class requirements Saturday 2/13/10.
Susan Chung, Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca (not in attendance)
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, March 18th, 2010. Thank You to all the parent volunteers.
- Susan is working on Green and Gold program.
- 2010 calendar is updated. If an email is sent to you, please respond ASAP so that information regarding outings can be posted in an efficient manner.
- Updated pictures for ski trip are up.
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be updated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check expired medical under forms link. See Hoa to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
Jeanne Cha and Jovita Fuente (not in attendance)
- Looking into Bolsa Chica Wetlands as our next service project.
- Suggested that Farming be done some time in the summer during the week, due to the availability of the organization.
- Jay has put together a module on the Adult Training page for parents to view and Richard has posted LA/Orange County Links. Check them out and see all the available training going on along with online classes you can do in a short time to become certificated in various areas.(BSA E-learning Center)
- New Parent Orientation 3/1/10, 3/8/10 and 3/15/10. Youth Protection training recommended to do online.
- Backpack Adult Training 2/20/10 High Adventure training will be available in February. See page for more info.
- CPR/First Aid Training 4/10/10- 8 spots available.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2010 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|January 31||Bike Camping - January 2010||Ashok Chauhan||El Dorado Park||27 miles going and 15 miles on the return. Currently waiting for expense reports to be turned in.|
|February 5||Snow Trip - February 2010||Hoa Pham||Big Bear||Ski trip was very well organized and was a blast to attend. Expense report was submitted and ended with a surplus.|
|February 26||Green and Gold - February 2010||Maria Gomez||Library||Green and Gold money was collect and tickets for the raffle were sold|
|March 20||Backpacking Trip - March 2010||Christina Preciado and Jeanne Cha||Spruce Grove Camp Site||Approximately cost will be $18 per scout. Will be leaving at Carmenita MS at 5:00 AM. Will be purchasing Fire and Parking Passes for this event.|
|April 3-8||Grand Canyon - April 2010||Andrew Chien||Grand Canyon||Currently 22 people are signed up with 6 people on the waiting list. Training overnight hike will be 2/20-2/21. Tentative Crystal Cove or Malibu State Park, a day hike on March 6th and an overnight hike on March 20th. More information will be sent out. Weekly stair climbing Wed./Thurs. @ 7PM Cerritos Parking Structure in the Town Center|
|May 21-22||Camporee - May 2010||Jaime Banuelos and Asmath Noor||Whittier Narrows||Will be working on making an online reservation for our troop. Will be collecting dues of $21 on Monday 3/1/10 to reserve spots. An increase cost of $31 to those who sign up after. More information will be given on 3/1/10.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Log Cabin Depost of $50 was made. This activity will take place July 31-August 7.
- Budget Meeting Review: Alok is putting together a way to accommodate cost for adults to help with troop subsidy and will be writing up a proposal regarding scout dues to be viewed at March Committee meeting.
- Claire proposed to sale presale tickets for fundraiser in July.
- Summer Camp - July 2010 Camp Whitsett. Registration has been made for 24 scouts and 4 adults. Our requested date of July 18 -24 was confirmed. Cost approximation is $450. If anyone is still interested in signing up please contact Christina Preciado. A payment plan will be set up and distributed at the next committee meeting 3/1/10.
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry
Next Committee Meeting: March 9th, 2009 at 7:00 PM @ 7PM, Carmenita Middle School.