ASM Meeting:6:30 PM
Where: Carmenita Middle School
When: February,10, 2009
Time : 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Chad T Hoang
Table of Contents
- The committee would like to thank Larry Stern and all those who were involved in the Loring Hughes Ceremony.
- Scoutmaster Conference - 11 Scoutmaster Conferences reported: (4- Tenderfoot, 2 - 2nd Class, 1 - Star, and 1 - Eagle Bronze)
- Reallignment of patrols is currently in progress. NewTroop leadership position will be opened at the next meeting for April.
- Roundtable will be putting out Camporee Packets, so that the greenbar can start organizing it.
- 4 new Weebelos scouts will be joinging our troop as of 3/9/09 and one boy from our waiting list.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
Bryan Johnson(not in attendance) and Peter Prana(not in attendance)
- 3 tents and 1 stove are currently in repair status and there are a couple tents missing. Please return them ASAP so that the quartermaster can account for them.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- EB and SL had their character boards this week. JM will be presenting his eagle project.
Trail to 1st Class
//Maja Sadras //
- Sunday, February 22, 2009: Rank Advancement opportunity for Tenderfoot, 1st and 2nd Class requirements regarding the recognition of poisonous, native plants and wild animal.
Susan Chung (not in attendance), Melody Chang, and Jill Villaseca (not in attendance)
- Board of Review scheduled for February 19, 2009. Contact Jill if you are able to sit in on a BOR.
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are complete and up to date.
- When posting pictures on the website, please “crop” them (make them smaller) so they don’t use as much memory on the website.
- Alok is willing to train adults to post information for events and outings themselves.
- Also send any updated info to Alok which you would like to see on Calendar.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Jeanne Cha and Jovita Fuente (not in attendance)
- Farming service project has been set back, due to only one field being used. Jeanne is contacting the organization each month to see when the next available opening for us to help will be.
- A community food center in Santa Ana is looking for help to serve food on April 11th and the 18th, however only 10 boys are needed at a time. Sign ups will be available soon.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne Cha know so that she can look into it.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Cherry Valley (2009)
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|February 13||Green and Gold - February 2009||Elizabeth Banuelos and Maria Gomez||. Great Job to all those who helped out with this ceremony. The Taquero was a big hit and the pan dulce was a yummy treat. Thanks to all who attended and to those donations that were given for the raffle and silent auction.|
|February 22||Rank Advancement- February 2009||Christina Preciado | Rank Advancement opportunity for Tenderfoot, 1st and 2nd Class requirements regarding the recognition of poisonous, native plants and wild animal|
|February 27-March 1||Snow Trip - February 2009||Andrew Chien||Moved due to lodging availability. 54 have signed (34 scouts, 5 siblings and 15 adullts). A concern was brought to the committee's attention about whether snow will be available. Andrew will be inquiring about hiking information as a backup plan. Those driving will need to bring chains for their vehicle. Andrew is looking for someone to leave early on Friday 2/27 at 12 noon. Contact him if you are available.|
|March 21||Backpacking Trip - March 2009||Victor Hsiang||Spruce Grove will be our next backpacking trip. Details to come.|
|July 11-17||Long Term - July 2009||Alok Sancheti||Detail on Calendar (Committee approved option 1). Check dates as well for the bike training schedule. Next one scheduled is for February 21, 2009|
|August 21-23||Beach Trip - August 2009||Chad Hoang||Leo Carrillo Beach. Details to come|
- Flag Ceremony at Cerritos City Hall was held on 2/13/09 at 6:45 PM.
- Ed Johnson is looking for those who are interested in attending Philmont 2010. Sign-up ASAP for spot reservation.
- Someone will be coming to our next troop meeting to speak on behalf of the religious emblem.
- Summer Camp 2009 (Cherry Valley)- Due to the overwhelming parent participation for this event a list of criteria was discussed and tabled for further discussion. Committee discussed to do a lottery based on Merit. Those adult on the list for summer camp will be given merits based on criteria to be discussed at the next meeting. Your probability of being chosen will be determined on how many merits you have. Further discussion at the next commitee meeting.
- ADHOC nominating committee will consist of Glenn, Maria, Maja and Christina. Recruitment for new scout master as well as other positions will hopefully be done before summer camp, for training purposes.
Medical forms HAVE been updated