Date: February12, 2008
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Peter Prana
Total present: 11
Table of Contents
- 6 New Scouts from Pack 529 will start meeting with Troop 693 on 3/03/08.
- New Parent Orienteering Meeting will begin sometime in April.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- No report, items are being returned in an orderly fashion.
- If you have any items in your possession, please return them to Floyd immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear.
- No report.
- 2 Character Boards completed, 1 scheduled for Board of Review for Eagle Scout.
- Glenn has a breakdown of the subsidy budget for activities and events schedule for this upcoming year.
- 2007 2008 Pro Forma Budget.xls for 2008 with outing subsidies was discussed and is available on file.
Trail to 1st Class
- 1 mile Orienteering Training - March 2008 rescheduled for 3/15/08. Volunteers are needed. It will begin about 12:00 PM. Adult voluteers need to arrive at 11:00 AM. Checkout Flyer for assigned reading in preparation for event. Looking for older scouts to recruit in helping out.
- Trail to 1st Class Meeting - February 2008 for current 1st year parents on 2/25/08 to discuss Trail to 1st class program.
- 1 Board of Review for Tenderfoot.
- Summer Camp - July 2008 is going to be at Los Valley this year on 7/13/08-7/19/08 and is only $170. Looking for parents and scouts to sign up.
- Many of Troop Forms are up and ready for printing.
- Email Alok any other Forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar-2007 or Calendar-2008
- Thank you Alok on a Great Job with the troop website.
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- A OC Food Bank Community Project - March 2008 is scheduled for 3/29/08 at the Orange County Food Bank. Volunteers for sorting boxes in an assembly line is needed.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne know so that she can look into it.
- Kyle Shimoda Eagle Project - February 2008 Dates: 2/29/08-3/1/08
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- The Green and Gold - February 2008 was a big success. Thank you to all the volunteers and donations that were given for the event. A special thanks to Scout - Branden Pirkl's Great Aunt and Grandparent for their generous donations. The Friends of Scouting are very grateful and thankful for all the generous donations.
- Glenn will be contacting 9 scouts that are on the Troop waiting list to see if they are still interested in joining Troop 693, since only 6 New Scouts are entering and we are losing 8 this year who are turning 18.
- Check out new Calendar - 2008 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
- Another Snow Trip - February 2008 Trip is scheduled for Saturday 2/23/08 since there are so many vouchers from the last ski trip. Check your emails and contact Glenn ASAP if you are interested in attending this event.
- The Committee agreed to allow troop to subsidize former Eagle Scouts with scout rate if they are interested in attending events held by the troop.
- Mar. 8-9: Backpacking Trip - March 2008 (Howard) - Proposed site: "Valley Forge"
- April 18-20: Camporee - April 2008 (Jaime Banuelos) - No updates available.
- May 17-18: Fishing Trip - May 2008 (Floyd Wilson) - Reserved 2 nights camping up in Victorville at Mohave Lake for 32 people.
- June 21-22: Surfing Trip - June 2008 (Brian Johnson) - Reservation updates unknown, but looking into San Onofre beach campsites.
- July 13-19: Summer Camp - July 2008 (Maria Gomez) -Scheduled date will be July 13-19 at Lost Valley (east of Temecula). Eric Aune secured a 20% discount for the troop, cost will be $250-$255.
- August 9-15: Long Term - Whitewater and Caving Trip - August 2008 (Carol Hojo)- 13 Scouts have signed up.
- Caving will be first (8/10-8/11)
- White water rafting, repelling and zipline will follow.
- Carol selected caverns with shade and availabe showers.
- The cost is $600.00 per scout but with the Troop subsidy of $100.00, the total cost will be $500.00 per scout.
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go. Forms and Deposits need to be made as soon as possible.
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated: